Ancasta has announced it will present the world launch of the new Beneteau Swift Trawler 35 at this year's Southampton Boat Show. It will also be hosting other UK debuts from Beneteau and Prestige
Ancasta – the UK’s largest dealer for both Beneteau Power and Beneteau Sail – will present the world launch of the new Beneteau Swift Trawler 35 at this year’s Southampton Boat Show.
The boat sales broker will also present the UK launch of the Prestige 520, as well as UK debuts of the brand new Beneteau Oceanis 51.1, the Oceanis Yacht 62, and the Swift Trawler 50.
The Beneteau Swift Trawler 35 has a semi-planing flared hull, and is designed for long cruises, and Ancasta hope it will attract visitors to the show, which runs from 15-24 September.
Sunseeker International is the latest exhibitor to be confirmed for the 2018 edition of the London Boat Show, which will…
The Gran Turismo 50 will get its first showing at the Cannes Yachting Festival. Beneteau's flagship promises to be "full…
Prestige has chosen the show for the UK launch of the Prestige 520, the latest in the luxury motor yacht brand’s Flybridge line.
The range is known for offering a vast spacious flybridge with socialising, sunbathing and dining in mind.
Also new from Beneteau, Ancasta is presenting the UK debut of the Oceanis 51.1, which will have launched just days earlier at the Cannes Yachting Festival.
The 51.1. is the first in a new generation of Oceanis sailing yachts celebrating the 30th anniversary of the range.
Once again this year, the entire Beneteau Power and Beneteau Sail display will be on the water, giving easy access to all models and enabling visitors to see the boats afloat.
The full list of new boats that Ancasta will be presenting at the Southampton Boat Show is as follows:
Prestige 520 UK LAUNCH
From Beneteau Sail –
Oceanis 51.1 UK DEBUT
Oceanis Yacht 62 UK DEBUT
From Beneteau Power –
Swift Trawler 35 WORLD LAUNCH
Swift Trawler 50 UK DEBUT
Swift Trawler 30
Gran Turismo 40
Gran Turismo 46
Luxury British boatbuilder, Fairline Yachts has announced it will debut the new Squadron 53 at Southampton Boat Show 2017.
First launched to a European audience, Fairline’s Squadron 53 was debuted at Boot Düsseldorf in January 2017 – the start of the boat builder’s 50th anniversary year.
Fairline’s new model will be presented to the UK market during the brand’s press event at Southampton Boat Show 2017 on Friday 15 September 2017 at 1pm.
As well as the boats on show, this year’s Southampton Boat Show will also see the return of Fairline’s immersive Virtual Reality (VR) experience, which was introduced earlier this year at London Boat Show. The first fully Alberto Mancini-designed Fairline yacht, the Targa 63 GTO, is set to be unveiled at Cannes Yachting Festival just days before Southampton Boat Show.
Also available on Fairline’s VR experience will be a brand new large yacht, set to be launched in September 2018 – Fairline will be announcing details of this model, along with another new addition to the Fairline range at its press event in Southampton.
The Fairline models on show at Southampton Boat Show 2017 include:
Fairline’s new Squadron 53 was crafted with Alberto Mancini’s design expertise. The yacht, based on Fairline’s existing 53ft hull, features a new Mancini design from the deck upwards, showcasing the direction of Fairline’s future exterior styling.
Mancini’s design has resulted in a spacious main deck with a flat floor from the cockpit to the lower helm, which in turn ensures a flat ceiling in the master cabin offering a generous 6ft 4in headroom at the foot of the large double bed, adding to the overall sense of space in this expansive 55ft 6in-long cruiser. With foredeck seating, a cockpit sun bed and a large flybridge, there’s plenty of room on this craft.
The Squadron 53 is hand crafted to order by Fairline’s craftsmen in Oundle.
Targa 48 OPEN
With two or three cabin and double en-suite model, the Targa 48 OPEN boasts spacious sociable areas both inside and out. The 2018 model features newly Alberto Mancini designed hull windows, and it offers a range of high quality interior options, providing comfort and luxury. The model also features an electric canvas roof as standard, as well as a garage for a jet tender and the option of a submersible swim platform.
Powered by Volvo Penta IPS, the Squadron 48 is all about quality and performance, combined with the latest technologies. In line with Fairline’s other models in the 48 range, the 2018 model of the Squadron 48 features newly designed hull windows, by Alberto Mancini, allowing plenty of natural light. The Squadron 48 also features an optional submersible bathing platform which can accommodate a jet tender, BBQ package for those long summer adventures, and has the additional option of a crew cabin.
This September, celebrity pirate Gemma Hunt, from the hit CBeebies programme, Swashbuckle, will be helping to kick off all the action on the first weekend of Britain’s biggest boating festival – the Southampton Boat Show.
Appearing live in full costume over the course of Saturday 16 September, Gemma – or Gem as she is known in the show – will be taking to the stage to wow the show’s youngest visitors with a special pirate song and dance show, meet and greets and autograph signings.
Gemma will also be climbing aboard the show’s very own tall ship, the Kaskelot, giving visitors another opportunity to meet the famous buccaneer and have their picture taken with her.
A three-masted sailing vessel and one of the largest wooden ships in commission, Kaskelot’s crew will be welcoming visitors onboard to explore her charms and chat about her incredible history.
Gemma Hunt said she was excited to be appearing live at the show.
“I love being out on the water myself and this event is the perfect place to introduce little ones to life on the ocean waves,” she said.
“I can’t wait to meet some of our fantastic Swashbuckle fans and give them a brilliant day to remember,” added the celebrity pirate.
Providing a host of family-friendly attractions alongside live music and thrilling entertainment, further exciting features at this year’s event include:
- Paddle River Experience – offering everyone, including the Show’s youngest visitors, the chance to start their paddle boarding adventure;
- Passenger boat trips – providing visitors with the opportunity to enjoy a trip on the Solent, taking in the Show from a different perspective;
- Bell boating – a twin hulled open canoe seating up to 12 friends and family;
- Adventure River Canoe Ride – offering the Show’s youngest visitors a go at canoeing;
- Bumper Boats – the ultimate motorised boating experience for children aged 3-13;
- Hopping on and off the stunning boats berthed on the show’s purpose-built marina, Europe’s largest. Displaying some of the world’s most prestigious brands, the marina offers over 2km of pontoons with more than 300 boats for kids to explore and pretend to be Captain of their very own ship for the day;
- The hugely popular free ‘Try-a-Boat’ sessions from On The Water – allowing visitors to experience the thrill of trying out some of the latest trends in watersports activities;
- Plus, On The Water’s ‘Get Afloat’ – offering visitors 8 years and older, the chance to discover Dinghy sailing and Stand Up Paddleboarding for free.
The Southampton Boat Show will run from 15-24 September 2017 in Mayflower Park, Southampton. Opening hours are 10am-6:30pm (10am-6pm on 24 September).
Advance tickets start from £15, with two children under the age of 15 going free with each adult. Concessions are also available
Princess Yachts have announced they’ll premiere their new craft, Princess 55, globally at the Southampton Boat Show.
The new yacht has been designed with space and light in mind.
The exterior of the new addition to the yacht manufacturer’s Flybridge range boasts contrasting textures and materials incorporated throughout with smart paneling, directionally laid teak veneers, inlaid polished stainless steel and contemporary paint finishes.
The large deck saloon is perfect for entertaining guests and is furnished with chic and modern furniture and features soft suede, tinted mirror, hand stitched detailing and Japanese wallpapers, to create a light, airy and spacious feel.
Below deck, the master stateroom has an elegant feel and enjoys a dressing table, breakfast area and ensuite bathroom.
The foreward double guest cabin and a starboard twin cabin have the option of a double bed conversion and there is also an optional single aft cabin with ensuite and storage, created with crew in mind.
Princess 55 will be unveiled worldwide at the Southampton Boat show 15-24 September.
The RYA has teamed up with British Marine to give its members the chance to get a free ticket to any day of the Southampton Boat Show, including the Public Preview Day, for the second year in a row.
Members of the RYA will also be given the chance to buy up to three additional tickets at the discounted rate of £12.00 (with an additional transaction fee of £1.95) instead of £15 – the full price for an advance ticket.
Those holding a membership will also be able to take advantage of the RYA member’s lounge at the show’s Holiday Inn Hotel.
The facilities at the lounge include a private table service dining area, a cloakroom, an area to sit and relax and access to the Holiday Inn’s Spirit Health Club throughout the duration of the show, including gym, sauna, pool and Jacuzzi.
RYA Membership Development Manager, Conor Swift commented: “The offer was really well received last year with over 11,000 members taking advantage of the free ticket offer, so it seemed only fitting that we did the same again this year.
“The RYA are great supporters of the Southampton Boat Show and it has so much to offer our members, so it seems only fitting that we enable as many members as possible the chance to experience the show.”
The offer is available until midnight, Thursday 14 September. Members can claim their free and additional discounted tickets by visiting the organisation’s website.
Details of the 2017 Southampton Boat Show have been announced.
Organisers of the UK’s biggest boat show, which runs from 15-24 September, are planning to get more people than ever before participating in boating and watersports activities with an array of exciting on the water features.
“Whatever your age or skill level, whether you’re an aspiring sailor, junior paddleboarder or avid skipper, looking for family-fun or a challenge, there is something for everyone,” promised organisers in a media release.
Nine ways to get out on the water at the Southampton Boat Show are:
• A brand new experience for 2017, the show will have its very own show passenger boat. Daily, hundreds of visitors will be able to climb aboard and enjoy a boat trip in the Solent, taking in the impressive view of the show from a new perspective and enjoying just being out on the water
• For the first time, the Paddle River Experience will take pride of place in Solent Park. With a 60 metre waterway circuit and attractive lush greenery, this new attraction will transport visitors to a woodland stream and offer those of all ages and ability the chance to start their canoeing or paddleboarding adventure
• New for 2017, children and adults will be able to go bell boating at the show. A twin hulled open canoe seating up to 12 people, bell boats offer fun for all, family and friends.
• The Adventure River Canoe Ride, located in the show’s arena, will offer the youngest show visitors to try their hand at canoeing on its winding river
• The ultimate motorised boating experience for children aged 3-13 years, located in Solent Park, will allow the youngest generation the opportunity to master the art of steering whilst having fun with the onboard water cannon
• The hugely popular free ‘Try-a-Boat’ sessions from On The Water will allow visitors to experience the thrill of being out on the water in a selection of vessels
• Plus, On The Water’s ‘Get Afloat’ will offer children aged 8-16 years the chance to discover dinghy sailing and Stand Up Paddleboarding (SUP), all free.
• Premium experiences will also be available, with the return of the Global Challenge Sailing Experience, offering visitors an exhilarating adventure sailing onboard a 72ft Ocean Race Yacht as part of a 12 strong crew, and the VIP Platinum Experience which includes a cruise on a luxury motor yacht
Chief officer of Boat Shows at British Marine, Murray Ellis, said that whatever the age or skill level, whether visitors are aspiring sailors, junior paddle boarders or avid skippers, there is something for everyone.
“At the Southampton Boat Show we are privileged to have such an ideal location to get people on the water and on average 10,000 visitors go boating or trial watersports across the 10 days of the show,” he said.
“However, this year we want to get more of our visitors enjoying on the water experiences. This means more variety, more accessibility and more capacity, which we are planning to deliver at this year’s event,” explained Ellis.
“We are determined to see record numbers enjoying life on the water with family and friends at this year’s Southampton Boat Show,” he added.
Relax at one of the Show’s many bars including the infamous Marina Bar serving Guinness and enjoy live entertainment at one of the two dome stages. Or simply soak up the last of the summer sun exploring Europe’s largest purpose-built marina showcasing 330 of the latest models from British and international boat manufacturers, along with feature boats and a tall ship.
Plus, visitors will be able to discover and trial the season’s hottest marine equipment and electronics from around the world in the newly configured Ocean Hall.
The Southampton Boat Show 2017 will run from 15-24 September 2017 in Mayflower Park, Southampton. Opening hours are 10am-6:30pm (10am-6pm on 24 September).
Advance tickets start from £15, with two children under the age of 15 going free with each adult. Concessions are also available