A splendid pocket bluewater yacht with a full inventory for crossing oceans. This Oyster 45 has been there and done all that. Substantially refitted in this ownership including standing and running rigging, sails, generator, saildrive, all soft furnishings and a refresh of all her systems, she is in absolutely full cruising trim. Compact for relaxed coastal cruising too and she comes with a lovely, light and airy maple interior.
RCD Status: The yacht conforms with the essential safety requirements of Directive 94/25EC (Recreational Craft Directive) and is categorised A – “Ocean”
Hull, Deck & Superstructure Construction:
- Deck saloon.
- White GRP hull.
- Moulded in a Lloyds approved facility.
- Eyebrow detail on deck saloon which, combined with recessed windows, lowers the apparent height of the deck saloon.
- Hull colour white with navy blue boot top and cove lines.
- Copper coat anti-foul treatment. Refurbished 2017.
- Side decks, cockpit seats, sole and helmsman's seats are all trimmed with laid teak.
- Bathing/boarding platform trimmed with laid teak strips.
- This area includes a fold down stainless steel bathing/boarding ladder and a pair of stainless steel rungs/ steps for access to the stern deck.
- Stainless and teak seats on pushpit.
Keel & Rudder:
- High performance bulb keel.
- Grp rudder stainless stock and full skeg.
Engine & Gearboxes:
- Volvo D2-55 diesel engine, serviced May 2019.
- Volvo 130S Sail drive – new 2015, overhauled 2017.
Propulsion & Steering:
- Wheel steering.
- Whitlock leather wheel cover (New 2017).
- Multi pod and extended pedestal crash bar – for autopilot and Plotter/Radar.
- Emergency tiller steering.
- Volvo 3 bladed fixed pitch folding propeller – new 2015, overhauled 2017.
- Side power tunnel type bow thruster inc. eyebrow.
- Push button controls on pedestal.
- 12 volt ships electrical supply.
- 220v AC ring main with 5 double Clipsal sockets throughout.
- Extra panel of circuit breakers.
- Mastervolt Combi control panel and battery monitors.
- 12v Plug – cigar type at chart table.
- Rolls AGM battery bank dedicated to domestic system giving 412.5 amp/hrs. New 2017.
- Batteries dedicated to engine start giving 88 amp/hrs. New 2017.
- Domestic/engine battery bank emergency link.
- Mastervolt Combi 50A charger/l.2kw inverter. New 2017.
- Balmar 120A/12V alternator to charge engine and domestic batteries – New 2016.
- Second alternator 60A/12V to charge domestic batteries – New 2017.
- Fischer panda 5000I Fitted 2015, serviced March 2019. 208 hours run time.
- Shore power socket with cable.
- Additional 25m cable.
- Watt and Sea trailing generator. Overhauled 2017.
Fresh Water & Water Heating System:
- Hot water: 54 litre (11 gallon) grade 1 copper tank. Immersion heater replaced 2019.
- Dessalator Duo D 60. Overhauled 2017, new membranes fitted.
- Electric bilge pump. New 2017.
- Manual bilge pump in cockpit.
- Tank Tender fuel and water gauges at chart table.
- Fuel: 454 litres (100 gallons) in GRP tank.
- Water: 730 litres (160 gallons) in GRP tank.
Grey/Blackwater holding tanks:
- Gravity holding tank for aft WC in Tek tank.
- Gravity holding tank for forward WC in Tek tank
- 12” Raymarine Series 7 hybrid touch Plotter/Radar - new 2013.
- Raymarine St6002 Autopilot control.
- Raymarine St60 Wind, Wind CH, Speed, Depth.
- Icom VHF Command mic.
- Raymarine external VHF speaker.
- Binnacle compass. New 2017.
At Nav. Station:
- 12” Raymarine Series 7 hybrid touch Plotter Radar – new 2013.
- Raymarine St60 Multi display.
- Raymarine Rn300 GPS.
- Furuno Navtex.
- Seame Active Radar reflector.
- Icom VHF.
- Icom IC- M801E SSB.
- Iridium Pilot Satphone – new 2013.
- Raymarine Speaker.
- Shutz Clock and barometer (on bulkhead).
- Frigomatic DC refrigeration in upright chest. Serviced 2017.
- Force 10 four burner cooker with grill and oven. New 2017.
- Twin stainless sinks.
- Crockery and cutlery.
- Deck shower - fresh cold water.
Heating & Ventilation:
- Webasto Thermo 90S heating system. Overhauled 2017.
- 2kw immersion heater. Replaced 2019.
- Pioneer stereo FM radio tuner / CD player with twin cockpit loudspeakers.
- Pioneer speakers in main saloon.
- Halogen LED nightlight - red lens cover at chart table.
- 12v LED Deck head and reading lights throughout.
Summary of Accommodation:
- Interior of Maple
- Light blue Alcantara upholstery, Night Watch fabric for mattresses, new 2017.
- Lewmar opening portlight from galley into cockpit.
- Lewmar deck hatches.
- Gebo opening hull ports.
- Oceanair blinds.
Description of layout from forwards:
- Six berths in three cabins.
- Maple interior joinery designed to be modern and coordinated yet practical and durable in use at sea. Sculpted fiddles and grabrails, shadowgap joints between joinery panels and solid, shaped teak and stainless steel grabhandles.
- Upholstery in light blue Alcantara.
- Mattresses replaced in 2017 with new Night Watch fabric coves.
- Forward cabin with double V berth with an infill piece and cushion, under berth stowage and a hanging locker.
- Cabin to port is a twin guest cabin with upper and lower berths, clothes lockers and a hanging locker.
- Heads to starboard with toilet (new 2017), washbasin, mirror, stowage lockers and a shower area with curtain and teak-planked Naval grating.
- Saloon featuring an L-shaped settee area and table on the port side.
- To starboard is a two-seater settee which extends beneath the forward counter top into a trotter box, forming a useful sea-berth with lee-cloth.
- The table has a matching fold-over leaf, supported by a removable strut that allows both sides of the saloon seating to be used for dining.
- Navigation station to starboard.
- Workshop to starboard.
- Galley to port with Force 10 four burner cooker with grill and oven. New 2017.
- Twin stainless sinks, storage lockers,
- Aft cabin with double berth offset from centre, a curved settee and dressing table, a hanging locker, with drawer and locker space.
- Mirror above centreline chest of drawers with light over.
- En suite to starboard with toilet (New 2017) washbasin, mirror, stowage lockers and a shower area with curtain and teak-planked Naval grating. Black water piping replaced 2017.
- Mast Height: 62’ / 18.9m above waterline.
- Sloop rigged with fixed rigging all new in 2017 and running rigging new in 2017.
- Selden Furling anodised mast and rod kicker. Mast lifted and fully overhauled in 2017 including new in-mast furling mechanism.
- RCB main outhaul system.
- Schaefer 3100 headsail furling – new 2015, overhauled 2017.
- Lewmar genoa cars upgraded.
- Harken backstay tensioner.
- MPS rigging package inc: halyard, clutches, sheets and deck plates etc.
- Windex at masthead.
- Carbon spinnaker pole.
- 2 x Lewmar 44 aft of cockpit.
- 2 x Lewmar 58 electric primaries.
- 2 x Lewmar 40 companionway (one electric) – new 2013.
- 2 x Lewmar 40 on mast.
- Sanders Vectron DP 100 Mainsail with short battens. New 2017.
- Sanders Sails Vectron DP 100 Genoa 140% with UV strip. New 2017.
- In-mast furling, overhauled 2017.
- Emergency staysail in orange.
- Sanders cruising chute and snuffer. New 2017.
- Foredeck stowage locker - Lewmar Ocean 60 hatch with lock.
- Pair of gateway stanchions.
- Quarter pushpit seats in teak and stainless steel.
- Calibra Marine folding passerelle.
- Whitlock folding teak cockpit table with varnish finish.
- Whitlock mugrack for Premiere pedestal with varnish finish.
Anchoring & Mooring Equipment:
- Delta anchor - new 2013, newly galvanised 2017.
- Galvanised Chain. New 2017.
- Lewmar Ocean 2 electric anchor windlass. Overhauled 2017.
- Remote windlass control and Chain counter fitted 2017.
- Warps and fenders.
Covers, Canvas & Cushions:
- Sanders Sails Bimini inc. stowage cover in Sand. New 2017.
- Sanders Sails Sprayhood in Sand with stainless steel grabrail on aft sprayhood hoop. New 2017.
- Sanders Sails Cockpit cushions in Sand. New 2017.
- Sanders Sails rib and outboard covers in Sand. New 2017.
Tender & Outboard:
- Stainless steel removable davits.
- Outboard bracket.
- New Yamaha Outboard and Honda Rib available separately.
- Custom liferaft cradle.
- Ocean Safety 6 person liferaft – new 2016, serviced 2018.
- ACR GlobalFix V4 EPIRB with 10 year battery life – new 2016.
- Webbing jackstays and shackles.
- Firdell Blipper radar reflector on mast.
- Horse with lights and drogues x 2.
- Jon buoy Danbuoy MOB recovery system.
- Automatic engine room fire extinguisher - new 2017.
- Additional x 4 fire extinguishers, all new in 2016 + fire blanket in galley.
DisclaimerThe Company offers the details of this vessel in good faith but cannot guarantee or warrant the accuracy of this information nor warrant the condition of the vessel. A buyer should instruct his agents, or his surveyors, to investigate such details as the buyer desires validated. This vessel is offered subject to prior sale, price change, or withdrawal without notice.
- DesignerHolman & Pye/Oyster
- LocationUnited Kingdom
- Length13.7 m
- Hull MaterialFiberglass
- Beam4.27 m
- Max Draft1.98 m
- Displacement15.9 tonnes
- Ballast Weight11,587.5 lb
- Engine 1
- Make: Volvo
- Model: D2-55
- Fuel Type: diesel
- Propeller Type: Inboard