When a man like Willi Dehler wants a boat to give comfort and speed after years of creating the iconic Dehler brand he brings all that experience to bear and the result is the Dehler 41 DS ( Deck Saloon ). Prompted by his wife Edith who did not want 'to sit below in the celler' anymore.
The Dehler 41 DS was the last boat 'Willi Dehler' boat before he handed over to his son Karl.
A very comfortable deck saloon cruiser that offers easy short-handed sailing with it's large cockpit, wheel steering, electric winches and a superb raised coach roof with all-round vision and comfortable accommodation.
This boat has just been listed and marketed at a considered and well informed level.
Hull, Deck and Keel
The Dehler 41 DS (Deck Saloon) was first launched in 1994. The result was in every way a remarkable and innovative sailing yacht.
Proven aspects were kept - such as the easily handled 7/8ths rig with main-drop system and fully battened main sail, together with the central winch system and forward crimped steering wheel with the multi-functional console.
She sported the high pointing self tacking head sail with easy trimming benefits, the retractable bow anchor that exited the stem and of course the comfortable deck saloon with a 'U' shaped sofa, a 365 degree view and an interior conning position.
Push button sailing just like a super yacht. The whole thing packed in a classy light wood paneling.
- Forward Centreline double with changing areas, outboard cupboards & open shelf storage,
- Coachroof decklights, opening fwd hatch, hanging wardrobe, open door access to saloon, and
- Ensuite with separate shower, vanity unit, outboard sliding mirror cupboard, oilskin locker,open shelf storage, sea toilet with waste tank, opening hatch & vent, shower curtain, cabin.
- Heating outlet.
- with twin s.s. sinks,
- H&C water & worksurface,
- fully gimballed 3-burner cooker with oven, drop down worktop, outboard cupboard storage for crockery etc,
- various cupboard & drawers under sink unit. Front opening fridge with control, additional cupboard
- Step down cockpit sole to galley, slightly raised deck saloon area for chart table on portside.
- Strbrdside with saloon seating with saloon table (converts to double berth), engine under saloon seating.
- Fwd dedicated area for TV & CD player etc, glass storage. Navigator seat with storage below.
- Strbrdside s.s. grab handles throughout.
- Dedicated chart table area
- Portside aft of saloon access to double aft cabin,
- step down to large double berth wraps around back of engine,
- 3 x portlights, cupboard, open shelf storage, hanging locker & shelf storage, control switches for battery & heating outlet.
- 3 x companionway steps to exit the boat.
- Dehler's unique drop-down washboard system.
- Behind nav seat slide out chart draw.
• 6 berths in 2 cabins
• 12v lighting throughout
• Internal woodwork in cherry, warm yet light feeling.
• Deck saloon windows offer all round lighting & vision
• Cream curtains throughout
• Cherry wood, stripped headlining
• Various hatches, recessed 12v down lighters
Rig, Sails and Deck
- Aluminium Mast and Boom.
- Furlex furling head sail system with 2-position self-tacking tracks.
- Lazy jack mainsail system in stack pack bag with forward snood
- Stack pack cover & lazy jacks. Spinnaker pole mounted on lifelines.
- German main sheet system led under deck to cockpit winches.
- All halyards led under deck.
- 1 x mast winch for spinnaker, main & jib halyard settings.
- Cruising chute & snuffer.
- 2 x Self tacking
- Pearl grey GRP hull and deck with raised moulded bulwarks with non-slip edging.
- Deck laid to non-slip panels.
- Forward anchor locker with secondary deep anchor locker, sail locker for
- Genneker with waterproof bulls head. S/S bow roller, electric anchor windlass & 2 x anchors.
- Position for bow sprit.
- vents & hatches.
- Raised deck saloon coach roof with fwd & side windows, hatches, 2-teak grab rails.
- Wraparound windscreen & spray hood with extension.
- T-shaped cockpit with teak seats, full teak grating, central fixed s.s. cockpit table with folding leaves.
- Wheel with integrated binnacle with instruments and s.s. grab rails.
- Engine control panel with engine controls. Strbrd side sail locker. 2 x aft lazerettes.
- Removable lifelines on stern with step-down bathing platform to s.s. bathing ladder.
- Control lines from mast led under deck to 8 rope jammers for each side,
- to 2 x 2-speed Harken ST44 electric winches.
- Gas stored in aft central lazarette locker with storage for life raft.
- 2 x Self-draining boxes, port & strbrd side for storage of halyards & main sheets.
- Shore power connector in port box.
- Various fenders & warps.
Engine Electrics and propulsion
Yanmar 3JH2-TE Turbo Diesel Engine
- 3-Bladed folding Gori propeller with overdrive facility,
- Rope cutter set on shaft
- 3 x 12 v batteries,
- Comprising - 2 x domestic - deep cycle, low maintenance, 200 amp hr gel batteries,
- Engine battery charger
- 240v Shorepower
- Engine raw water filter system
- Electric bilge pump
• ST60 graphic
• ST60 windspeed & direction
• ST60 graphic (2nd)
• ST6001 Autpilot control
• Steering compass
• Sidepower bow thruster controls
• Electric winch repeater buttons
• Yanmar engine control unit
At Chart table:
• Raytheon RL70 radar/plotter (radar needs attending to)
• Raymarine ST60 tri-data
• 2nd Position ST6001 Autopilot control unit (possible to steer from below decks)
• Hi-fi radio/CD player with 4 speakers
• Shipmate RS8300 VHF radio with internal speaker
• Yeoman plotter
• AIS TX/RX & Splitter
• Dehler control panel with built-in sockets for mobile phone, engine hour metre,
fuel tank gauge, water gauges, Waco battery charging monitor, Eberspacher
Below chart table:
• 240v input trip system
• 3x 240v sockets
Tri-colour & anchor light at masthead
• Horseshoe & light
• Danbuoy & light
• Safety line jackstays on deck
• Safety harness points in cockpit
• Manual bilge pump
• Fire extinguisher
• Automatic engine fire extinguisher
• Gas Sniffer
• Offshore FLarepack
The Company offers the details of this vessel in good faith but cannot guarantee or warrant the accuracy of this information nor warrant the condition of the vessel. A buyer should instruct his agents, or his surveyors, to investigate such details as the buyer desires validated. This vessel is offered subject to prior sale, price change, or withdrawal without notice.
General note on safety equipment: Any safety equipment such as life rafts, Epirbs, fire extinguishers and flares etc. are usually personal to the current owner(s) and if being left on-board as part of the sale of a used vessel may require routine servicing, replacement, or changing to meet a new owner’s specific needs.
Whilst we make best effort to obtain documentation from Vendors it is advisable to check what is available before travelling to view or making an offer.
- LocationUnited Kingdom
- Length12.5 m
- Hull MaterialFiberglass
- Beam3.9 m
- Max Draft1.95 m
- Water Tank Capacity400|liter
- Fuel Tank Capacity200|liter
- Engine 1
- Make: Yanmar
- Model: 3JH2-TE Turbo
- Year: 1997
- Fuel Type: diesel
- Propeller Type: Inboard
- Hours: 1630