Beautifully built Moody 36 CC that has proved to be a capable offshore cruiser with well mannered performance and a comfortable and spacious interior. The centre cockpit layout provides security on deck and luxurious accommodation down below with a large owner’s cabin aft with island double berth and a double V berth cabin forward. Lightly used and well maintained. Viewing by appointment as away from the office.
Hull and construction
Built by Marine Projects (Plymouth) Ltd in 2000. White GRP hull with blue boot stripe.
Hull, superstructure, deck area and cockpit professionally cleaned, compounded and polished in August 2019.
Teak toe rail. White GRP coachroof with moulded non-skid decks.
Fin keel of cast iron (sand blasted, epoxied and antifouled in 2019).
Wheel steering to skeg hung rudder. Teak laid cockpit seats and cockpit sole.
Large sugar scoop transom with steps. Stainless steel mooring cleats.
Last antifouled August 2019.
Hull and sail drive anodes last replaced August 2019.
Gas system certified 2017.
- Plough anchor
- Simpson lawrence horizon express electric windlass
- Mainsail cover
- Cockpit enclosure
- Cockpit cushions
- Cockpit table
- Bathing platform
- Stainless steel boarding ladder
- Various warps, fenders and fender socks
- Lodestar dinghy with Dinghy Rings FLEX transom mounting system
- Honda 4 stroke outboard mounted to pushpit
- Stainless steel outboard engine hoist and handy billy (2014)
The accommodation is attractively finished with teak joinery and offers 2 separate sleeping cabins with full standing headroom.
There is plenty of stowage and ventilation throughout. In the fore cabin, there is a double V berth with infill and two hanging lockers.
In the saloon, there is a dinette to port with settee berth opposite, fixed table with drop leaves in between the seating on either side.
The navigation station and a wet hanging locker is located to port with galley opposite.
The galley houses twin stainless steel sinks, laminate worktops, hot and cold pressurised water system, two burner gimballed gas cooker with grill and oven, microwave, and a refrigerated top opening cool
To port, there is a separate heads compartment with marine toilet, shower and washbasin which connects the aft cabin to the saloon.
A holding tank is fitted.
There is a passageway to starboard with a single sea berth which connects the galley to the aft cabin.
The large owner's cabin aft has an island double berth, hanging lockers and plenty of stowage.
Eberspacher diesel fired hot air central heating is fitted.
Soft furnishings are upholstered in blue and yellow stripe cloth.
Rig and Sails
- Masthead rigged bermudan sloop.
- Deck stepped silver anodised aluminum mast and boom by
- Selden gas rod kicker (new 2019).
- Stainless steel standing rigging (new 2019).
- Slab reefing mainsail.
- Stack pack system with lazyjacks (new lines 2019).
- Furlex 200S headsail furling system (Selden) (serviced 2019).
- All lines led aft to cockpit.
- Spinnaker pole on mast mounted track (new 2019).
- Two Lewmar 44 self tailing sheet winches.
- Two Lewmar 16 halyard winches. Lewmar 8 winch.
- Mainsail - 2000 - good (valeted 2018)
- Genoa - 2000 - good (valeted 2018), new sacrificial strip 2018
- Jib – good
- Cruising chute with snuffer - good
Engine and propulsion
Located under the cockpit in soundproofed compartment, there is a Volvo Penta MD 2040 three cylinder 40 HP diesel engine:
- Freshwater cooled via heat exchanger
- Electric start
- Saildrive (gaiter replaced 2010) to fixed three blade propeller (new 2018)
- Full engine instrumentation
- Engine room light
- Single lever control
- 227 litre fuel capacity giving approximately 300 miles range at 6 knots cruising speed
- The engine has been regularly professionally serviced and a full engine service plus coolant change was carried out in April 2019
- Approximately 1,275 engine hours
Systems and electrical
- Three 12V domestic batteries. One 12V engine start battery.
- Victron energy battery management system.
- Inverter and battery charger.
- 240V ring mains x 2.
- 22 litre immersion heater.
- Blaupunkt Bluetooth stereo (new 2019) with Sony marine cockpit speakers (new 2019) and Sony speakers in saloon.
- Plastimo steering compass
- Raymarine ST60+ depth instrument
- Raymarine ST60+ speed and log instrument
- Raymarine ST60 wind instrument
- Standard Horizon GX2100 DSC VHF with binnacle mic and cockpit speaker
- Cobra MR HH415 handheld VHF
- Garmin 128 GPS
- Raymarine RL70C chartplotter with integrated radar
- Yeoman chartplotter
- Raymarine ST6001 smartpilot
- Various electronic charts
- Various paper charts
- Deck and masthead
- Clock and barometer
- 4 fire extinguishers
- Engine room fire extinguisher
- Fire blanket
- Gas alarm
- CO detector
- Deck light
- Horseshoe lifebuoy
- MOB sling
- Plastimo Cruiser 6 liferaft (service due 2020)
- Emergency tiller
- Manual bilge pump
- Electric bilge pump
- Radar reflector (new 2019)
The Company offers the details of this vessel in good faith but cannot guarantee or warrant the accuracy of this information nor warrant the condition of the vessel. A buyer should instruct his agents, or his surveyors, to investigate such details as the buyer desires validated. This vessel is offered subject to prior sale, price change, or withdrawal without notice.
General note on safety equipment: Any safety equipment such as life rafts, Epirbs, fire extinguishers and flares etc. are usually personal to the current owner(s) and if being left on-board as part of the sale of a used vessel may require routine servicing, replacement, or changing to meet a new owner’s specific needs.
Whilst we make best effort to obtain documentation from Vendors it is advisable to check what is available before travelling to view or making an offer.
- LocationUnited Kingdom
- Length11 m
- Hull MaterialFiberglass
- Beam3.7 m
- Max Draft1.8 m
- Displacement6.76 tonnes
- Ballast Weight5,293.3 lb
- Water Tank Capacity170|liter
- Fuel Tank Capacity227|liter
- Engine 1
- Make: Volvo Penta
- Model: MD2040 3 Cylinder
- Fuel Type: diesel
- Propeller Type: Inboard