A very successful and proven ORC & IRC racing yacht, BLAZER was one of the last Swan 42s to be delivered to the US market. She is ready to go for the 2020 season and has been looked after exceptionally well by her Captain. BLAZER is a very competitive yacht ready to sail at a very high standard.
BLAZER is Hull #43, one of the last Swan 42s delivered to the US market. The Swan 42s have been very successful in both ORC, as well as, IRC over the years both here and in Europe. With the ORC rule becoming very popular here in the Northeast more and more races are available, including racing managed by the NYYC and Storm Trysail Club for the summer of 2020. Highlighted regattas are The American Swan Regatta in conjunction with The Rolex Regatta at the NYYC this July. Also. The 2020 ORC/IRC World Championships are coming to Newport Rhode Island - September 25th. The Swan 42 has a very envious track record in the 2019 and 2017 previous Worlds placing 1st , 2nd,3rd in 2019 Class B and 1st,2nd in 2017 (none were entered in 2018). This a very competitive boat ready to perform at a high standard.
If the European Racing circuit is of more interest, the Club Swan 42 circuit is an owner driven class with limits on professional sailors onboard. Club Swan events this summer are planned and over the following regattas:
- Monaco Swan One Design.
- Scarlino Swan One Design.
- Rolex Giragalia.
- Copa del Rey Mafre.
- The Nations Trophy in Sardinia.
Without a question this Swan 42 has been cared to a very high standard and always captain maintained. This yacht is ready to compete in 2020.
Results (Date, Race, Yacht, Class, Rating, Position/s):
- 16-Aug-13, 2013 Ida Lewis Distance Race, Swan 42, IRC, 1.163, 7-1
- 28-Sep-13, 2013 American Yacht Club Fall Regatta, Swan 42, One Design, n/a, 7-1-1-3-1-2-2-3-2
- 26-Apr-14, 2014 American Yacht Club Spring Series, Swan 42, One Design, n/a, 5-5-2-2-3-1-2-3-1-1-3
- 13-Jun-14, 160th NYYC Annual Regatta FRIDAY Around the Island Race, Swan 42, One Design, n/a, 10-11/ocs
- 14-Jun-14, 160th NYYC ANNUAL REGATTA, Swan 42, One Design, n/a, 10-10-6-6
- 11-Jul-14, 2014 The Newport Regatta, Swan 42, One Design, n/a, 9-6-1-6-8-4-1
- 18-Jul-14, NYYC Race Week Part II One Design & Handicap, Swan 42, One Design, n/a, 13-9-12-7-10-9-3-10-4-3
- 02-Aug-14, 2014 NYYC Queen's Cup,Swan 42, IRC, 1.162, 16-7
- 15-Aug-14, 2014 Ida Lewis Distance Race, Swan 42, IRC, 1.162, 14-4
- 27-Sep-14, 2014 American Yacht Club Fall Regatta, Swan 42, One Design, n/a, 6-4-1-1-1-1-1
- 25-Apr-15, 2015 American Yacht Club Spring Series, Swan 42, One Design, n/a, 7-1-1-1-1-1-4-3-2
- 12-Jun-15, 161st NYYC Annual Regatta, Swan 42, One Design, n/a, 9-5-2-4-4
- 12-Jun-15, 161st NYYC Friday Around the Island Race, Swan 42, One Design, n/a, 8-5
- 26-Sep-15, 2015 American Yacht Club Fall Regatta, Swan 42, IRC, 1.163, 10-7-6-1-5-5-3
- 23-Apr-16, 2016 American Yacht Club Spring Series, Swan 42, IRC, 1.163, 12-3-6-5-4-4-8-10-6
- 10-Jun-16, 162nd NYYC Annual Regatta, Swan 42, IRC, 1.163, 10-1-2-2
- 10-Jun-16,162nd NYYC Annual Regatta FRIDAY Around the Island Race,Swan 42, IRC, 1.163, 9-3
- 13-Jul-16, NYYC Race Week Part II One Design & Handicap, Swan 42, One Design, n/a, 5-4-3-5-4-2-4-2-1-1
- 24-Sep-16, 2016 American Yacht Club Fall Regatta, Swan 42, IRC, 1.161, 13-1-3-3-3-3-2-1-2-5-2
- 29-Apr-17, 2017 American Yacht Club Spring Series, Swan 42, IRC, 1.16, 12-2-4-3-4-4.5-3-13dnc-13dnc-2-4
- 04-Jun-17, 2017 NYYC Leukemia Cup Regatta, Swan 42, One Design, n/a, 4-2
- 09-Jun-17, 163rd NYYC Annual Regatta, Swan 42, One Design, n/a, 8-1-1-1-3-5-1
- 09-Jun-17, 163rd NYYC Annual Regatta Friday Around the Island Race, Swan 42, One Design, n/a, 8-4
- 21-Jun-17, 2017 Storm Trysail Club Block Island Race Week, Swan 42, IRC, 1.16, 9-6-6-2-3-6-7.5-8-3
- 07-Jul-17, 2017 Newport Regatta, Swan 42, One Design, n/a, 3-1-3-1-3-3-3-1
- 12-Jul-17, 2017 Swan 42 US Nationals/IRC East Coast Championship, Swan 42, One Design, n/a, 10-3-5-7-9-2-5-9
- 16-Jul-17, 2017 NYYC Queen's Cup, Swan 42, IRC, 1.16, 13-9
- 28-Apr-18, 2018 American Yacht Club Spring Series, Swan 42, IRC, 1.159, 5-1-4-1-1-1-1-1-2-1
- 02-Jun-18, 2018 NYYC Leukemia Cup Regatta, Swan 42, PHRF, -6, 11-1
- 08-Jun-18, 164th Annual Regatta, Swan 42, IRC, 1.159, 9-5-3
- 08-Jun-18, 164th NYYC Annual Regatta FRIDAY Around the Island Race, Swan 42, IRC, 1.159, 9-1
- 16-Jul-18, NYYC Race Week at Newport, Swan 42, IRC, 1.161, 6-2-2-2-3-4-3-2-3-2
- 19-Jul-18, 2018 NYYC RWAN-ORC Scoring, Swan 42, ORC, 6, 6-2-1-1-2-3-3-2-2-2
OD certification from builder.
IRC One design measurement certificate.
Hull, Deck & Superstructure Construction:
- White gelcoat with blue cove and boot stripes.
- Epoxy coated bottom barrier.
- Baltoplate antifouling paint sprayed on bottom and race finish wetsanded.
- Infusion molded E-glass/vinylester laminate with carbon reinforcements in selected areas.
- Closed cell foam cored hull, with higher density foam in bottom and slamming areas.
- Water tight bulkhead at bow.
- Bottom stiffeners reinforced with unidirectional carbon and multi-axial glassfibre.
- GRP engine beds.
- Stainless Steel chainplates.
- Infusion molded E-glass/vinylester laminate sandwich deck, with glass skins and closed cell foam core.
- White gelcoat with molded in light grey non-skid.
- The main companionway sliding hatch garage flush with coach roof.
- Teak deck on cockpit seats.
Keel & Rudder:
- Faired steel T-Keel with lead bulb.
- GRP Rudder w/carbon stock.
Engine & Gearboxes:
- 1 x Volvo Penta D2@-40 130 S 40hp
Propulsion & Steering:
- 2-bladed propeller.
- Twin steering wheels w/compass on pedestals.
- Emergency tiller.
- Custom steering platform for helmsman while boat is heeled.
- 12 V DC system for lighting and general service.
- 12 V outlets at chart table.
- 115 V GFI duplex receptacles/outlets (3) in saloon, head and nav station.
- Main distribution panel, contains 12VDC gauges, 110 VAC gauges and circuit breakers.
- Service battery AGM gelcell type 12 V 2x160 Ah in GRP box.
- Starting battery 12 V 50 ah.
- Mastervolt Combi Inverter/charger model 12/2000-100.
- 115 A alternator for starting.
- 30 Amp shore power cord and inlet.
- Bottom of mast, shrouds and stays grounded to keel.
- Flush closing composite sea cocks for all through hull fittings below water line.
- Seawater foot pump in galley.
Fresh Water & Water Heating System:
- Pressurized hot and cold water.
- Fresh water foot pump in galley.
- Two manual and on electric bilge pump.
- Tank level indicators.
- Total capacity of 140.06 litres (37 US gal).
- Total capacity of 317.97 litres (84 US gal). In polyethylene tanks.
Grey/Blackwater holding tanks:
- Total capacity of 54.88 litres (14.5 US gal).
- Y-valve in head for overboard discharge or holding tank selection.
- Holding tank emptied by hand pump or deck suction.
- Battery driven refrigeration unit.
- Hot & cold deck shower.
- Jabsco Marine toilet w/Sea water for toilet flushing.
- Oras single lever faucets.
Heating & Ventilation:
- Engine space ventilation air inlet from deck.
- Recessed overhead halogen dome lights.
- Flexible chart light and red night light at nav. station.
Summary of Accommodation:
- The styling is light with teak used for architectural accents.
- Interior is fabricated around a GRP inner liner that incorporates bunk fronts, landing for navigation station and galley furniture.
- Everything below the level of the saloon cushion bottoms is GRP.
- Galley and navigation station are teak.
- Plywood floorboards covered with bamboo veneer which is varnished and has nonskid.
- Overhead liner GRP.
- Foam mattresses over Scandi-Flex battens.
- Handrails throughout.
- Leecloths for lower saloon and aft cabin berths.
- Dark blue fabric on interior cushions.
- Racing covers for saloon sofa settees and backrest cushions and saloon table.
Hatches and Windows:
- Lewmar foredeck hatch.
- Lewmar saloon overhead hatch.
- Lewmar ventilation hatch in head.
- 4 fixed coaming windows.
- 2 openable portholes-in aft, galley and navigation area.
- 2 openable portholes in cockpit for aft cabins.
- 1 hatch to gas bottle locker (for 1 gas bottles).
- 1 hatch to lazarette.
Description of layout from forwards:
- Removable double Vee-berth with stowage under.
- Hanging locker and stowage.
- Black water tank under berth.
- White GRP interior module with washbasin.
- Mirrored locker outboard.
- Fresh water tap, shower.
- Folding leaf table in teak which hold the mast jack inside (custom installed).
- Settee backrests lift up and convert into Pullman berths.
- Water & fuel tanks below settees.
- Gimbaled two burner alcohol (non-pressurized) stove with oven.
- Stainless steel double sinks with fresh water tap.
- Ample stowage for galley equipment & dry goods.
- Top loading refrigerator manual pump for draining.
- Garbage bin.
- Forward facing chart table with custom carbon cover to hold laptop computer.
- Movable teak instrument panel outboard.
- Chart stowage under table top.
- Locker below.
- Hall spars fractional rigged clear-coated carbon fiber double spreader mast.
- Black painted aluminum boom and aluminum spreaders.
- Windex with light.
- Reckman RS 3000-S2 Carbon headsail furler recessed under deck - not fully functioning and not installed at this time.
- German style, continuous mainsheet.
- 2 spinnaker halyards at masthead and hounds.
- Navtec rod rigging with discontinuous shrouds, Series 500 turnbuckles.
- Combined mainsail luff groove and track/car system.
- Hall Quick vang.
- Carbon retractable bowsprit in waterproof garage.
- Holmatro backstay adjuster with 2 panels.
- Harken Carbo foil headstay system.
- Lazy Jacks.
- Halyards and reef lines are lead below deck to the cockpit.
- Harken jib sheet tracks with lead adjuster system.
- Harken mainsheet traveler.
- Harken halyard lead blocks.
- Spinlock clutches.
- Crossover block for halyards on both sides.
- Code Zero fitting at bow.
Sails - 2015 - Sail, Button #, Description:
- A1, 00890, 112585-003.
- A2, 00891, 112585-002.
- Light Jib, 00889, 112585-004.
- Med Jib, 00291, 112585-001.
Sails - 2016 - Sail, Button #, Description.
- Main, 119534-001.
- Light Jib, 119534-002.
- Medium Jib, 119534-003.
- A1, 119534-004.
- A2, 119534-005.
- Light/Med Jib, 119534-006.
Sails - 2017 - Sail, Button #, Description:
- A2, 123804-001.
Sails - 2018 - Sail, Button #, Description:
- Light/Med Jib, 128819-001.
- Heavy Jib, 128819-002.
- Harken B530TCR aluminum alloy 3 speed/top cleat racing winches.
- Harken B53.2STA mainsheet winches.
- Harken B44.2STA halyard winches.
- Stowage for gas bottle in port side coaming.
- Removable plexiglass drop boards for main companionways.
- Stainless steel pushpit, pulpit and stanchions.
- Grab rails each side of coach roof and companionway.
- Sheet bags in cockpit.
- 600mm high life lines, with lower life lines at minimum ORC height.
- Custom hiking padding on lower life lines.
- Remote control fire extinguisher in engine space.
DisclaimerThe Company offers the details of this vessel in good faith but cannot guarantee or warrant the accuracy of this information nor warrant the condition of the vessel. A buyer should instruct his agents, or his surveyors, to investigate such details as the buyer desires validated. This vessel is offered subject to prior sale, price change, or withdrawal without notice.
- BuilderNautor Swan
- DesignerGerman Frers
- LocationUnited States
- Length12.8 m
- Hull MaterialFiberglass
- Beam3.68 m
- Displacement7.25 tonnes
- Engine 1
- Make: Volvo Penta
- Model: D2@-40 130 S
- Fuel Type: diesel
- Propeller Type: Inboard