Buying a boat advice: market research
You have considered your budget and type of boating, now use the internet and magazines to research what's on offer when buying a boat.
It's important to be practical about your boating choices but you have to like what you see, so make a note of the brands that appeal stylistically.
Here are some recommended sources for your market research:
- YBW Boats for Sale - Browse thousands of boats for sale to get a taste of the market and prices.
- Motor Boats Monthly - motor boat reviews. Independent, free reviews of the latest and most important motor boats on the market.
- Yachting Monthly - yacht reviews. More free reviews but this time for the yachting enthusiast.
- YBW boat reviews and tests - an archive of over 3,500 articles which you can buy online.
- Motor Boats Monthly - Focus is practical boating, with honest and comprehensive tests of new and used craft from sportsboats and RIBs, right up to 60-footers.
- Yachting Monthly - Yachting Monthly is at the heart of the British yachting market and is for people who actively sail their boats - whether cruising across the channel, around the coast or further afield in blue waters.
- Motor Boat & Yachting - MBY's boat tests are acknowledged as the most authoritative in the business and its technical coverage is without equal.
- Yachting World - Yachting World is the most widely distributed and most international sailing magazine in the world, reaching over 100 countries.
- Practical Boat Owner - Practical boat maintenance advice and boat reviews from the UK's biggest selling boating magazine.
This article has more pages:
- 1. Buying a boat advice
- 2. Buying a boat advice: which type of boat to choose?
- 3. Buying a boat advice: market research
- 4. Buying a boat advice: get on the water
- 5. Buying a boat advice: paperwork and history
- 6. Buying a boat advice: Offer and deposit
- 7. Buying a boat advice: Survey
- 8. Buying a boat advice: Demonstration and sea trial
- 9. Buying a boat advice: Payment
- 10. Buying a boat advice: Have fun!