PDA

View Full Version : CHUCKADUCK HAS BEEN GOT AT AGAIN !!

chuckaduck
04-11-07, 13:33
Went down yesterday to check the Binnie to find she has been interfered with AGAIN one Bowline was missing and the other was twice the length it should be the stern line and lock were still there in their corrct positions but the swimming platform is broken The lock is attached to the platform and it seems that someone has tried to remove the lock by breaking the platform

the wiring has been tampered with and the bilge pump was not woring

Today i went down baled her out and set about getting the bilge pump sorted

To add to it while miniskip was there at the slipway with his chum stu the anally retentive scoutmaster ( our mooring is at the scouts ) has a go at them for not wearing life preservers on the slipway now I am very safety concious we always use life preservers etc and with my already stressed life I dont need some anal idiot aiming his power trip in my direction on a nice sunny sunday morning

comments chaps

oh and btw its nice to have teddington lock posting here they are a nice bunch and are always very helpful

Ramage
04-11-07, 14:32
[ QUOTE ]
Today i went down baled her out and set about getting the bilge pump sorted

To add to it while miniskip was there at the slipway with his chum stu the anally retentive scoutmaster ( our mooring is at the scouts ) has a go at them for not wearing life preservers on the slipway now I am very safety concious we always use life preservers etc and with my already stressed life I dont need some anal idiot aiming his power trip in my direction on a nice sunny sunday morning

comments chaps

[/ QUOTE ]

You are moored at the Scouts slipway. The Scout Association requires the wearing of life preservers/life jackets on or near water. The Scout Leader is required by the Scout Association to enforce this rule for member AND Non-Members using Scout premises. He also has to produce a written risk assessment for all the Scout property for which he (and his Group) is responsible. As always, Health and Safety rules.

IT DOES NOT MATTER IF HE IS ANAL OR NOT, HE HAS NO CHOICE!!

And he is not paid for his time either.

So, to sum up, you use their facility you play by their rules.

Sorry to be the bearer of bad news. And really p*ssed off that some ars*hole has been mucking about with your Binnie - sounds like someone is jealous? Ie they failed to sink it before and are trying again?

Paul
(GSL, 1st Teddington Scout Group, non-anal retentive).

chuckaduck
04-11-07, 15:08
Paul i take on your comments and yes you are right re life preservers and the scouts responsibility its just the manner in which we were spoken to ie a nice I hope you dont mind approach should be the correct approach but the manner ie as if I am an irresponsible child approach is not the right way to talk to someone

col_shaun
04-11-07, 16:43
im reading this but not got the hole story,
but why dont you move the boat some were els, have you got on someones tit as this seems to be a retaliation to some thing, posibly.
i do feel for you as there is nothing mor horid than yu pride and joy being messd with.

col_shaun
04-11-07, 17:09
just seen your last post were you sunk, you are not having a lot of luck realy are you.
sorry dude.

Doolittle
04-11-07, 20:39
I know just where you are comming from, Chuckaduck. There is a method of telling someone that they are a **** and still have them smile and thank you for their observation. Me? I would have discretely wandered down the slipway with a couple of lifejacket and asked the kids to pop them on.

So often the scouting authorities (or any other voluntary organisation for that matter) harbour these prima dona's who haven't made it in real life so they excise thier authority without any tact or skill.

You've found one of my pet hates.

Bad luck on the tampering.

Mike
Scout Network Leader, Spelthorne District. /forums/images/graemlins/wink.gif

Ramage
05-11-07, 00:29
Sorry for the delay in replying (been on Late shift at LHR).

Yes, there is a right way and a wrong way to approach the problem, and it looks like he used the wrong way!

We do get a few power crazed people in Scouting, some of whom delight in making up "local rules".

I love the fact that "Policy, Organisation & Rules" is now on the internet... you can look up rules, know they are up to date, and tell the little Hitlers to get lost! /forums/images/graemlins/laugh.gif

chuckaduck
05-11-07, 17:13
Just thought i woud put a piccie up

http://i54.photobucket.com/albums/g90/chuckaduckpics/car.jpg

as you can see there are substantial railings there so it is safe

there is a phrase = DUE DISCRETION

not shown by the scout master