PDA

View Full Version : Electronic & Paper Charts of UK for RNLI Fundraising

SnaxMuppet
03-01-08, 10:07
I am planning on doing a Round Britain on behalf of the RNLI this summer solo in my 21ft Merry Fisher 625.

I am starting to do the initial passage planning and would really appreciate any paper or electronic charts (Navionics or Garmin Bluechart) of the UK. I am going through the Caledonian Canal and through the Irish Sea, not around Ireland.

I have charts for the whole of the south coast but need charts for the rest of the UK.

Out of date charts would be useful too as I can possibly do initial and non-detailed planning with those using the current charts when I get them for the more detailed plans nearer the time.

I don't want to pay for them as this is a true fundraising effort. I plan on raising at least 5000 but with a target of 10,000 for the RNLI over our costs.

Many thanks in advance. /forums/images/graemlins/smile.gif

SnaxMuppet
04-01-08, 11:53
I have electronic charts now so any in dat or out of date paper charts would be greatly appreciated.

Clyde_Wanderer
04-01-08, 23:20
Sorry cant help Arny, but wish you luck in your voyage, and mind keep us posted of your intended destinations/dates, so anyone nearby at the time, can if they want to, make donations.
Cheers, C_W.

SnaxMuppet
08-01-08, 16:40
Now have electronic charts but paper charts are very welcome (even if out of date).

Thanks C_W... I certainly will... also you will be able to keep tabs on the build up and progress at

www.roundbritain.org.uk (http://www.roundbritain.org.uk)

SnaxMuppet
16-01-08, 22:38
Now have North Wales.

Come on... you lot must have some charts you bought for that holiday, used once and now don't need? I know I had... need them all now of course! /forums/images/graemlins/smile.gif