PDA

View Full Version : teak for sale

acewoodturner
04-04-09, 12:22
dear forum members

I have a lot of recovered Burmese teak for sale with beautiful figuring (as opposed to the boring, ugly Indonesian teak which is the only kind available new today). It came out of a lab and is in excellent condition. 30mm thick and up to 12" long planks some of which are up to 900mm wide jointed boards.There are no drawing pins or anything else stuck in it and would easily leave 28mm thick planks after being through a thicknesser to tidy it up. This lot is ideal for a boat or yacht restoration job. Please contact me for further info and location.

Mike

Joe
04-04-09, 12:49
Price?
Or a contact maybe would help
I am interested
Joe

duncanmack
04-04-09, 13:49
PM sent.

monkey_trousers
04-04-09, 14:20
what part of the world you in as well??

certainly the sort of thing I'm looking for bit distance is often an obstacle

sarabande
04-04-09, 14:48
Post deleted by sarabande

acewoodturner
04-04-09, 15:02
Hi Sara

This is definetly teak. It is oily to touch and the lab is at least 30 or 35 year old as the property manager for the owner told me when I met him there. The lab was built in the days when councils had too mch money and splashed it about like confetti! I have been a professional woodworker for over 20 years and my mate who helpd me is a lecturer in furniture design as well as a boat owner also confirmed it as teak.
You obviously didnt design this lab. This is the second lab I have cleared and the last one was a school and the science rooms also had teak benches.

robertj
06-04-09, 17:47
hi,

are they 12 inch lengths or 12 feet lengths?

bob

acewoodturner
06-04-09, 19:44
Hi Bob
The length of the boards is actually in feet rather than inches.
I hit the wrong button on the keyboard.
Having now used a tape measure the longest boards are 10' 2" of which I have 4 and they are about 500mm wide and 28mm thick. The rest of them are 600mm wide and 27mm thick. There are approx 10 of them and they are about 8' long
All of them are in good nick with a few screw holes on one side and some of the boards have bits cut out for sinks/taps etc Hope this answers your query ok

Mike

sailorman
06-04-09, 19:45
i assume the wide Bds are "jointed

acewoodturner
06-04-09, 20:10
yes the wide boards are jointed

stuey_two
07-04-09, 15:01
How much do you want for each plank and where can they be collected from?

acewoodturner
07-04-09, 16:10
I am looking for 150 a cubic foot, and I have about 20 cubic feet. If someone is wanting the lot then I would sell it for 2000 which would brng it down to 100 a cubic foot.
I am in Glenrothes, Fife KY62SD and can be reached on 07769703520

Mike

npf1
08-10-09, 18:01
I'm posting this just in case anyone looking to buy teak finds this old For Sale post.

What acewoodturner is selling is NOT teak, it is Iroko and Luan.

I spent several hundred with him and, despite assurances a refund was coming, I am still waiting for it. This is after offering to provide any proof required that what he sent was Iroko and Luan.

BEWARE!

pyrojames
09-10-09, 10:29
Hi Sara

This is definetly teak. It is oily to touch and the lab is at least 30 or 35 year old as the property manager for the owner told me when I met him there. The lab was built in the days when councils had too mch money and splashed it about like confetti! I have been a professional woodworker for over 20 years and my mate who helpd me is a lecturer in furniture design as well as a boat owner also confirmed it as teak.
You obviously didnt design this lab. This is the second lab I have cleared and the last one was a school and the science rooms also had teak benches.

Oddly, your desciption matches the lab benches I salvaged from a University lab some years ago, except that the benches were all iroko.