PDA

View Full Version : An interesting weekend....

Gladys
05-05-09, 18:52
Haven't got on here much for the last several months... but...

For the first time in sseveral years, Gladys was launched pre May, and we joined in the WMYC to Fambridge and the Crouch...

Talk about a catalogue... First, the Buxey seems to have moved a bit further south since I set my route up on the GPS a few years back, and so I managed to plough for a few yards between Ron PIpe and one of the cardinals on the Sunken Buxey...

Then, when the wind dropped just past Burnham and the iron tops'l was hoisted,it proceeded to overheat at a rapid rate... It was so bad I reckoned on only about 10 mins engine time to get alongside in Fambridge.

A really good investigation at Fambridge showed? Nothing.... apart from the header tank being well down... Again... I was backing the pressure cap losing it, but a gentle motor down to Burnham YH saw nothing out of the overflow, and still water loss. Here fortune came to my aid, and I just happened to be lookingin the engine compartment when I saw a hose drip. I'd felt it the prievious day, and nothing, but by Sunday a weakness had obviously split. The good news is that A roll of amalgamating tape (8.50 for 25 m 5 years ago) proved invaluable, and the botch lasted back to Mersea... A thoroughly recommended add on for the toolkit

FullCircle
05-05-09, 19:27
Thats what we like. A bit of on the run boatfixing.

I hope you had a nice weekend when you werent vexing yourself with the coolant going down the plughole problem.