PDA

View Full Version : We are having a practice run this evening.

FullCircle
08-05-09, 22:32
After all week on the 125ml glasses, D3B turned up this afternoon, and insisted that we have couple of pints of Dogbolter in the Golden Lion to limber up, a 2 bag take out of curry, and a 3l box of something red to have a go with, in the fighting weight 250ml glasses.
We managed all the curry , but skimped the salad most skillfully.
This has all passed off without incident, and the East Coast team is considered fit to fight tomorrow night.

We are laughing at the paucity of sleep before the off at 6am.

We may be gone for some time.

Wish us luck.

BrendanS
08-05-09, 23:01
Bunch of lightweights! Consider that limbering up?

You are going to be completely outclassed I'm afraid

Sixpence
08-05-09, 23:19
Normal East coast breakfast then I see, take it easy on the South coast lot, they'll be wanting tea and toast for thiers

BrendanS
08-05-09, 23:25
Breakfast? the heavyweights will still be going at that time of the morning.

Sixpence
08-05-09, 23:32
Morning ?
Oh sorry, I thought he said PM, meaning that after an all night and day session they might need five minutes for a kip and shower before joining the others on Saturday evening through to home time on Sunday. Nothing unusual really. Just lucky me and a certain Irish gentleman aren't able to make it, that would be interesting

BrendanS
08-05-09, 23:35
We shall see. /forums/images/graemlins/grin.gif

Sixpence
08-05-09, 23:39
Like he says, just a practice session, a warming up thing. Always best to get plenty of booze and food in you before going to one of these things, especially if going by boat

BrendanS
09-05-09, 00:37
I fear the lightweights have gone to bed already, knowing they are outclassed from the beginning, despite all their talking up of their prowess?

Silly hats and bum pants won't protect them from ridicule if they don't live up to their boasts /forums/images/graemlins/grin.gif

Sixpence
09-05-09, 01:03
You still have time for some rest before it starts, they are no doubt working on the practice drinks even now /forums/images/graemlins/grin.gif /forums/images/graemlins/smirk.gif

BrendanS
09-05-09, 01:12
Rest? I'm getting more praticing in! /forums/images/graemlins/grin.gif

Sixpence
09-05-09, 01:15
Stop pratisising and go find those crayons /forums/images/graemlins/laugh.gif