PDA

View Full Version : Calling Lazy Days

benjenbav
12-05-09, 13:13
I was just reading the "What next Skipper: Thames Version" thread which surprised me a bit because I can't imagine why anyone would object to moving up to accommodate someone else. Still, I suppose I don't use the river and perhaps if I did I would understand this negativity.

Anyway, reading Lazy Days's contribution I then turned to the ADLS website and read the entry on Lazy Days - a mutiny on board no less! An absolutely beautiful vessel if I may say.

I then started wondering if you, or indeed anyone else, knows if L'Orage which has been moored by Marsh Lock for some time is the same L'Orage formerly owned by Raymond Baxter.

boatone
12-05-09, 13:26
[ QUOTE ]
I then started wondering if you, or indeed anyone else, knows if L'Orage which has been moored by Marsh Lock for some time is the same L'Orage formerly owned by Raymond Baxter.

[/ QUOTE ]

One and the same I believe.

ADLS
12-05-09, 13:41
{Anyway, reading Lazy Days's contribution I then turned to the ADLS website and read the entry on Lazy Days - a mutiny on board no less! An absolutely beautiful vessel if I may say.}

Thank you for that, LD is a lovely boat and we have had a lot of fun and met some very good friends with her.
Yes the former owner recieved a letter from a wartime crew member after seeing an article on Lazy Days in one of the boating mags. I've tried to trace the article with the UKs boating mags without success

{I then started wondering if you, or indeed anyone else, knows if L'Orage which has been moored by Marsh Lock for some time is the same L'Orage formerly owned by Raymond Baxter}

L'Orage is now being skippered by Raymonds daughter and family with help when needed from other ADLS members.
Raymond is sadly missed in the association, especially at the Fitting out and Laying up dinners when his wit was used to the full.

L'Orage may well be attending the ADLS Commemative Cruise to West India Dock, 23/24/25 May. Board members please pop along and join us, the quayside service is at 12.30 hrs on the Sunday. Lazy Days won't be there but I'll be there helping with mooring and catching up with old friends and possible supping a few beers.