PDA

View Full Version : Henley Music Festival

Simonbb2009
11-06-09, 13:10
I hear this is a good event and would be interested in any thoughts or from people who have attended.

Costs? where to moor etc

thanks

Simon

Richard Shead
11-06-09, 14:20
Excellent event, dont remember any of it....

Lots of tips on where and how but last night always on the booms for the fireworks (thats if they allow it any more)

Have not been for a few years but plenty on here have and will reply.

Brayman
11-06-09, 15:15
Fireworks every night, Wednesday to Saturday.
Great atmosphere, mooring all along the reach isn't cheap. You can moor on the booms but shouldn't leave your boat unattended so you need to be self sufficient.
See the Festival web site for details of who's on. Status Quo from a couple of years back will take some beating though.

Chill
11-06-09, 16:15
I have been informed by Steve (SRB) that they will be removing the booms staight after the regatta this year..
Better call him and book a mooring on 07774 701314.
We normally book for the week and go to work from the boat as you are able to park a car next to the boat.

Chill

Brayman
11-06-09, 16:30
They'll have to be quick, Regatta finishes Sunday, the festival starts Wednesday, but then they build the floating stage in that time!
If they do there will be an awful lot of boats at anchor!

Brayman
11-06-09, 16:33
[ QUOTE ]
I have been informed by Steve (SRB) that they will be removing the booms staight after the regatta this year..
We normally book for the week and go to work from the boat as you are able to park a car next to the boat.

Chill

[/ QUOTE ]

How much does he charge?

Chill
11-06-09, 17:16
This year 19 per metre for the week

Chill

Brayman
12-06-09, 10:55
[ QUOTE ]

Chill

[/ QUOTE ]

I have it on good authority via the Secretary to Henley Royal Regatta that the booms will be staying in place for the Festival as they provide a form of traffic calming which helps the EA. Not that the EA consider the Festival to be a "river event".
Look out for the usual EA notices dictating which booms can be moored against.
Looking at the Festival web site photographs, the boom-moored boats provide an attractive backdrop to the whole event and I would expect the organisers would want to keep it that way.

teddington_lock
12-06-09, 12:32
Ah , the good old days ....

http://i63.photobucket.com/albums/h149/howardmiatt/festival.jpg

Richard Shead
12-06-09, 12:50
As the Head of Marketing for the marine division and as the Teddington Lock keeper do you think that pick is going to do any of us any favours in our chosen career!

Thank God thats all you posted!

teddington_lock
12-06-09, 12:51
Sorry mate , i did pick a photo without either one of us in it ...

/forums/images/graemlins/blush.gif

Ramage
12-06-09, 13:16
[ QUOTE ]
Ah , the good old days ....

http://i63.photobucket.com/albums/h149/howardmiatt/festival.jpg

[/ QUOTE ]

I take it your boat sank?

I hope you didn't buy it from Penton Hook!

/forums/images/graemlins/laugh.gif /forums/images/graemlins/laugh.gif

apollo
12-06-09, 13:19
Ha ha ha.....Brilliant. /forums/images/graemlins/laugh.gif

Richard Shead
12-06-09, 13:20
Funny you should say that we did have a near sinking once but that was at Boat Race a few years back.

Fortunately fixed by a cork stuffed in a skin fitting which meant of course we had to finish the wine..

And as Howard knows...What goes on tour, stays on tour...

pande
12-06-09, 13:22
Are we having a role call as to who is going and when?

Richard Shead
12-06-09, 13:30
Not me there is no way I could be trusted to behave myself...those days are over.

Maybe once I retire I may have a look once more

apollo
12-06-09, 13:33
Not for me, too many posers in blazers and boaters....a bit like.....oops

I think I will head for Cookham that weekend.

Brayman
12-06-09, 13:33
[ QUOTE ]
Are we having a role call as to who is going and when?

[/ QUOTE ]

We will probably be there Friday to Sunday before heading upriver for a couple of weeks as usual, ending up at Byron's for the end of July ODCC Rally.