PDA

View Full Version : Fresh water pumps/system

ccscott49
02-07-09, 21:08
OK, peeps!!
I have been looking fior a water pressure system, which is actually designed for and capable of living aboard, running washing machine, two showers, sinks, washing up etc.

I have tried all your normal boat type, jabsco etc, and found them lacking and burning out, leaking into motor, etc etc, fed up with it now, spent over 400 quid this year already.
I want a reliable system, 20 lpm, 3 bar max shut off, 2 bar switch back on. I have 11 litre holding tank (accumalator) anybody any ideas for a proper system?

Apart from a reservoir in the hills and a very long big diameter hose pipe!

ccscott49
02-07-09, 21:59
May have answered my own querie, the shurflo 24volt dual head pump, anybody know about shurflo pumps? reliability etc and are they made in china?

Anonymous
02-07-09, 22:05
Shurflo is what we have on the watermaker (two-off) and the main water pump. The Shurflo head is on a Jabsco Par-Max product. I don't know who owns what, where it is made. Anyway, ours last almost forever and we live aboard 365/365 and the watermaker runs 6 to 8 hours a day in summer. The nice thing about the Shurflo head is that it seldom fails catastrophically -- the performance drops giving you loads of time to order either spare pumps or, far cheaper, the spares kit.

ccscott49
02-07-09, 22:32
The dual head variety, is exactly what I'm looking for, output etc. so if the reliability is good, then I'll have one! By the way, you passing Barce anytime soonish?

laurance
02-07-09, 23:26
Messing about with Jabsco et al when your are running a washing machine and more, oh dear. Check out these beauties http://www.g-r.it Italy is a major player in the pump industry and these are quiet, bomb proof and, naturally, fit for a glass case.
If you wander over to NonStopYacht S.L. Almirall Churruca 908003 Barcelona +34 932 240 490 http://www.nonstopyacht.com they will supply at competitive prices and give sound advice on selection, 'cause that is what they do for the superyacht industry. Ask them about another Italian pump firm, who's name escapes me, that are trying for a slice of the market by supplying similar quality pumps about a third cheaper than G&R. I installed one of theirs last year to run a washiing machine five taps and three showers and it is awsome, so far.

ccscott49
02-07-09, 23:31
I'll have a butchers. I know non-stop very well.
Thankyou!!

Anonymous
02-07-09, 23:47
[ QUOTE ]
The dual head variety, is exactly what I'm looking for, output etc. so if the reliability is good, then I'll have one! By the way, you passing Barce anytime soonish?

[/ QUOTE ]Yes, we are in Marseilles right now, probably for about a fortnight as we are trying to arrange a trip to Paris and Normandy, then we we will cross Lions and head quite quickly to Port Vell, if we can get a place. It will be nice to meet you again; hopefully, this time, with Mrs L and meet the Bs, who were not around last time. Mrs L has a sister in Barce so she tends to go AWOL for girly talk.

ccscott49
02-07-09, 23:55
I get off the rig a week tomorrow, when I will be in Barce for a couple of weeks minimum.