PDA

View Full Version : 25mm/1" Genoa cars required

mickywillis
19-09-09, 19:53
If anyone has a couple of old genny cars they are disposing of, could you let me know please?
Not bothered what type of fittings are on the cars as I want to have a go at constructing something similar to the Barton Clamp on Cleats which fit to a genoa track and give a set of cleats mounted midway along the boat for tying spring warps to.

In fact, if you had a pair of the proper Barton items for sale i'd be a lot happier to buy and use those but am willing to give it a go to modify some old cars for the purpose!!

See pic for the type of cleats I'm trying to make (51253/51254)
Thanks all!

carise
21-09-09, 12:59
Have got some Barton 20mm track and cars advertised if they'd be any use to you?

If anyone has a couple of old genny cars they are disposing of, could you let me know please?
Not bothered what type of fittings are on the cars as I want to have a go at constructing something similar to the Barton Clamp on Cleats which fit to a genoa track and give a set of cleats mounted midway along the boat for tying spring warps to.

In fact, if you had a pair of the proper Barton items for sale i'd be a lot happier to buy and use those but am willing to give it a go to modify some old cars for the purpose!!

See pic for the type of cleats I'm trying to make (51253/51254)
Thanks all!

mickywillis
22-09-09, 14:11
thanks for offer, but tracks already fitted on boat. good luck with sale.