PDA

View Full Version : Hampton

Siy
25-09-09, 15:08
Need to leave sunday mroning from Walton Bridge, to get to Hampton Court. Need to get there by 11am. Am still very new to boating, and havent been any further downstream that Sunbury lock before. How long do you think this may take?

Also - anyone know where I can moor up near Hampton Court? Think there is a long bank down the side of the park on the starboard (as you are travelling downstream) - but not sure how deep it is, or if there is somewhere better.

Help appreciated!

simon

Richard Shead
25-09-09, 15:20
Need to leave sunday mroning from Walton Bridge, to get to Hampton Court. Need to get there by 11am. Am still very new to boating, and havent been any further downstream that Sunbury lock before. How long do you think this may take?

Also - anyone know where I can moor up near Hampton Court? Think there is a long bank down the side of the park on the starboard (as you are travelling downstream) - but not sure how deep it is, or if there is somewhere better.

Help appreciated!

simon

Should take around 2 hours ish (with no pub stops), you can moor on the port side going down (the proper moorings) and can beach on the starbaord if you wish (I do this quite a lot).

Enjoy

Siy
25-09-09, 15:34
Thanks Richard - can't guarantee there will be no pub stops!! Appreciate the info.

Simon

rr_123
25-09-09, 16:53
Thanks Richard - can't guarantee there will be no pub stops!! Appreciate the info.

Simon

wow, pub stops and getting there before 11.00 a.m

That's hardcore.