PDA

View Full Version : Henley Marsh Meadows

Glorfindel
25-10-09, 21:00
Are we the only people who pay at Henley - assuming that the car park machines work.

boatone
25-10-09, 21:07
Are we the only people who pay at Henley - assuming that the car park machines work.

What makes you think that you might be?

Glorfindel
25-10-09, 21:09
Becuase no ther boats stick the payment slips in view!!!

boatone
25-10-09, 23:22
Becuase no ther boats stick the payment slips in view!!!

Well, I have certainly paid via the car park machine this year. I must admit, I did look to see if any other boats were showing the payment slips and didn't see any.

I presume the pay and display regs will apply to boats as well as cars so I can't wait to see a boat clamped or towed away.....:D

Not the easiest set of credit card payment instructions I've ever seen.......

ADLS
26-10-09, 19:20
Well, I have certainly paid via the car park machine this year. I must admit, I did look to see if any other boats were showing the payment slips and didn't see any.

I presume the pay and display regs will apply to boats as well as cars so I can't wait to see a boat clamped or towed away.....:D

Not the easiest set of credit card payment instructions I've ever seen.......

The last time I moored at Henley a little man came along collecting fees each morning for the overnight stay, can't you moor during the day free to go shopping etc?

At Marlow a couple of chaps would come along in the evening to collect the outragouse 10 quid free, but oh yes you could use the gyms showers BIG DEAL. Even my little tub has a shower on board, well a bucket with holes init!!!!!!

boatone
26-10-09, 19:34
The last time I moored at Henley a little man came along collecting fees each morning for the overnight stay, can't you moor during the day free to go shopping etc?

During normal times - ie not regatta weeks etc- you can moor from 10am til 3pm without having to pay. However, the nice guy has gone and been replaced by a Pay and Display machine in the carpark by the rowing museum.

ianc1200
26-10-09, 21:13
Earlier in the year (June) the money was collected, but later I tried to pay using a debit card several times & gave up. BTW, the park is called "Mill Meadows".

IanC

boatone
27-10-09, 15:13
I tried to pay using a debit card several times & gave up.

I agree that using the Pay&Display machine was not at all easy - the instructions for paying 8.50 by credit card really do need to be a lot clearer!

The notices on the towpath do now clearly state that you should pay at the machines so it will be interesting to see how this unfolds. I presume they will invoke some sort of parking ticket regime - or maybe we will be seeing the first appearance of boat clamping or towing away?