PDA

View Full Version : I have been told i am not welcome at the Last Anchor

D3B
06-12-09, 11:45
Went to the Last Anchor for a meal on Friday night.

I cannot recall why but I sent the meal back. very unusual as having eaten there many many times in the past the food and service are very good.
I was left at the table for about 15 minutes with no one coming to speak to me.
I felt that was far too long so got up and left.
I went back in yesterday to pay for the drinks I had left on the bill.
I was presented with a bill with the food included.
Nope.....I sent the meal back and am not paying for it.
Duly taken off the bill.
I paid and left.
Before getting to the door the chef called me and told me I was not welcome there anymore.
I asked why.
Because I always complain!!!!!!!!
I pointed out that I had never complained before and always found the restaurant very good.

So it seems that if you complain you will not be welcome back again.

What a to$$er.

leomagill
06-12-09, 12:49
Is the chef the owner or just the chef? I would be inclined to make sure the owner knows what a d1ckhead his chef is, and if it happens to be the same person that would be even more satisfying.
Edit:bl00dy word filters!

D3B
06-12-09, 12:57
He said he was the owner.....thought it was owned by Petra......

NorthUp
06-12-09, 13:19
Quote: ''Went to the Last Anchor for a meal on Friday night.

I cannot recall why but I sent the meal back.''

Do you have memory issues? The reason for rejecting the food offered may have a bearing on subsequent events. I last sent a course back the the kitchen (in a resturant) three years ago, but I still remember why- it was cold and yes it was meant to be hot..- and my memory aint whot it used to be!

D3B
06-12-09, 13:23
Probably becasue I returned to the boat and ate crisps....very filling and wholesome
and drank a reasonable amount of red wine......thats really why I couldnt remember :D

MoodySabre
06-12-09, 17:44
It was that shirt that did it Doug :p

pennycar9
06-12-09, 21:10
Doug,

Don't let it worry you! come back to North of the great divide and enjoy the welcome of our hostelery. Give Goon a cuddle and you will be welcome to the Last W-nchor.

I beleive one or two are heading back to the Norard!!!!!!

Hope you are well see you soon

Paul and Susan

Marmalade
07-12-09, 01:39
We have always been fans of the last anchor - but the last time we were there (a couple of months ago) the service was poor and the food not up to their usual standard. I remember wondering whether the recession was hurting them as the place seemed empty and we had turned up on spec. Time was when we wouldn't have got a table at the weekend without booking...

Mrs Sea Mist II
07-12-09, 09:41
Sorry you had such a rotten time Doug. I can remember you telling us that the restaurant was good. You'd never have told us that if you were always complaining! Sorry we missed you this weekend. The dog was well behaved. There's a photo of her on Scuttlebutt under 'Bit wet today...' Catch up with you soon.

wingdiver
07-12-09, 10:23
Doug
I think the owner IS the chef.
Charlie I believe his name is. Not that old (i.e. younger than me - then again, that doesn't mean very much).
TBH It's not very good PR to be like that to anyone - especially in the current climate and in what is a pretty expensive place to eat at a weekend. I would have thought they would be falling over themselves to be nice to customers and resolve issues sensibly.

FullCircle
07-12-09, 10:56
Not much of a bar anyway.
Plenty of Kebab shops in Ipswich.

At this rate it will take you until 2030 to get barred from everywhere, you lightweight.

Jomo
07-12-09, 23:08
You're welcome on my restaurant anytime, just give me a little warning so I can get the shades out for glare protection against the pulling shirts :)

CliveG
08-12-09, 12:50
You're welcome on my restaurant anytime :)

I can recommend Jomo's Sail-In restaurant.
Quick service and good size portions.
Chicken curry served within 10 minutes of mooring along side in the middle of Hamford water.
And we had not booked.:cool:

Thanks again for your hospitality Ian.:)

Dazedkipper
09-12-09, 13:40
Guess he's doing such a roaring trade from the town that he can afford to *iss off the marina users and not worry about it. Vote with your feet, there are plenty of other places to eat.

TimfromMersea
09-12-09, 16:00
IMHO there is a better choice and within easy walking distance of Ipswich Haven, and that is The Bistro on the Quay (which is where Mortimers used to be).

Excellent food and not expensive.

sailorman
09-12-09, 16:12
:eek:

D3B
09-12-09, 16:21
:eek:

I hope he does....

or maybe someone will point him in the right direction. ;)

In fact........... is there anywhere you can put a report on the quality of a restaurant :rolleyes:

sailorman
09-12-09, 16:47
I hope he does....

or maybe someone will point him in the right direction. ;)

In fact........... is there anywhere you can put a report on the quality of a restaurant :rolleyes:

http://www.ybw.com/forums/forumdisplay.php?f=23 ;)

It worked for the G & D in Gosport
the new Landlady even offers Forumites a Discount now

willpatten
10-12-09, 21:12
Went for lunch at the Butt & Oyster.
Ordered (amongst other things) fish cake.
Cut open the cake & found a live worm wriggling about the plate.
Complained to the manager.
Got barred for 'complaining'.
Decided to email the owners with the complaint.
To this day, no Response.

If you must eat at the Butt & Oyster, my recommendation is not to have the Fish Cake.

sailorman
10-12-09, 21:25

If you must eat at the Butt & Oyster, my recommendation is not to have the Fish Cake.

Woz that Mike ?? or Adnhams

Leighb
11-12-09, 17:32

Was that recently or some time ago? Current manager Chris is a pretty reasonable guy I would have thought.

In any case absurd to bar a customer just for complaining about an unsatisfactory meal, generally in this country we don't complain enough - too embarrassed? - just don't leave a tip and don't go there again.

willpatten
11-12-09, 20:41
Was Chris - not sure if Adnams?
family and friends, 9 meals etc on a nice sunny day.
Found to be very defensive and rude.
Think they have since changed the chef - now need to change the Manager.

DownWest
12-12-09, 11:59
Slightly better treatment at the Eight Bells in Tenterton (sorry not east coast) Cut into my fish, still frozen in the middle. Called waitress, food disapeared, free round of drinks arrived (6 of us) food arrive a few min later with apology. Good PR.
A

Leighb
12-12-09, 16:08
Was Chris - not sure if Adnams?
family and friends, 9 meals etc on a nice sunny day.
Found to be very defensive and rude.
Think they have since changed the chef - now need to change the Manager.

I don't think the change of ownership to Adnams has made much difference other than only Adnams bitter on sale. The management is still run by Deben Inns, of the Wilford Bridge, Maybush, Newbourne Fox etc.

The odd thing there was that the "Manager" apparently had no control/reponsibility for the kitchen, only for the bar. The chef had control of the food menus etc. So complaining to the "Manager" tended to be unhelpful.