PDA

View Full Version : Navman 3100 Sun Covers

scotsgit
30-05-10, 19:53
Looking for two sun covers for Navman 3100 instruments. Can anyone assist?

oldsaltoz
30-05-10, 22:52
Cling wrap, 2 layers of glass, trim edges, apply flowcoat inside and out, should last a lifetime.

scotsgit
31-05-10, 20:19
Many thanks for the suggestion which I suspect assumes that the old covers is/are still available to act as moulds. Unfortunately the covers have bpth been damaged beyond any form of reconstruction so the search is still on for suitable replacements.

Would you be able to 'make up' 2 covers for a suitable fee?

oldsaltoz
31-05-10, 20:30
Many thanks for the suggestion which I suspect assumes that the old covers is/are still available to act as moulds. Unfortunately the covers have bpth been damaged beyond any form of reconstruction so the search is still on for suitable replacements.

Would you be able to 'make up' 2 covers for a suitable fee?

This method uses the existing mounted instruments, simply cover them (not the existing covers) with a thin plastic and glass over the plastic, remove when cured and trim to size, the flow coat on the inside will reduce the size and improve the fit, the coat on the out side is just cosmetic.

Hope this helps.

scotsgit
03-06-10, 17:15
Many thanks

uforea
05-06-10, 19:21
I should have one or two of these knockimg about. Give me a day or so to find them and I'll come back to you.

Ted

uforea
06-06-10, 21:25
Brought them back from the boat today, let me have your details and I'll post them.

Ted

scotsgit
08-06-10, 12:02
Uforea,

PM sent.

Many thanks