PDA

View Full Version : grp hardtop

Dave70
07-07-10, 16:40
hello,anyone know somebody who could make a grp hardtop for my ocean 30? cheers dave

byron
07-07-10, 19:08
hello,anyone know somebody who could make a grp hardtop for my ocean 30? cheers dave

Dunno about making it in GRP but a good Chippie should be able to knock one up in Marine Ply.

Dave_Seager
07-07-10, 20:45
Bridge Marine at Shepperton, next to Walton Bridge, do good GRP fabrication.

oldsaltoz
08-07-10, 04:14

A foam cored hardtop has many advantages, light, made to any shape and thickness, can have cables,lights. speakers and so on built in, good insulation and no noise when it pelts down, also very light, and comes in any colour.

You could save some money by doing some of the shaping and cutting yourself, in fact you could get it to a stage that it only requires glassing, and if you can do that as well, well your laughing.

matt_lake
09-07-10, 13:28
There is a GRP fabricator who operates from the boat shed in Hobbs yard on the Wargrave Road, Henley. They do all sorts of boat work and used to do lots for the TV / Film industry. Sorry I can't remember the name of the firm but a quick call to Hobbs should get their details.

dj43
11-07-10, 23:45

Hi
try brooms boat's in Brundall Norfolk,they would have probley made your boat,might still have moulds for it,