PDA

View Full Version : Stuart Turner R3M

dabbling duck
20-08-10, 17:50
If anyone has one of these in their shed, or know someone who might part with one, which is fixable, I would be very interested. I am restoring a little 1946 sailing boat built in Lowestoft to as near as I can get to her original form and the R3M was fitted: the one with a centrifugal clutch. Sounds a big request, but worth a shot as I know some people collect them.....

PetiteFleur
22-08-10, 21:48
If you join this group, they often have ST's for sale and are very helpful. http://groups.yahoo.com/group/stinfoexchange/
or keep an eye on eBay as they often come up.

dabbling duck
22-08-10, 22:16
Thanks for the advice, I will do that. Much appreciated.

whitehall
24-08-10, 22:59
I have one that might be suitable. I have sent you a PM

dabbling duck
25-08-10, 07:36
Thanks, everyone, for the help with this.

elizabethdubai
01-11-10, 18:35
If anyone has one of these in their shed, or know someone who might part with one, which is fixable, I would be very interested. I am restoring a little 1946 sailing boat built in Lowestoft to as near as I can get to her original form and the R3M was fitted: the one with a centrifugal clutch. Sounds a big request, but worth a shot as I know some people collect them.....

Hi
I have a New Old Stock RM£ 3 engine, never fitted in a boat.
no gearbox just engine.

Elizabeth

dabbling duck
02-11-10, 10:10
Many thanks for your reply. My engine (red face) turns out to be a "5" and is being renovated by someone who knows what he is doing.... I really appreciate your response and suspect there a lot of people around who would be interested in your engine.
Best Regards.
Howard

Ubergeekian
02-11-10, 13:54
I have a 1.5hp Stuart Turner in a hell of a state. It has been seized for at least thirty years and the head has rusted through to the water passages. All there, though. Free to a good home - collect from Dumfries - or it will be starting a new career in the metal recycling industry.