PDA

View Full Version : Leaking Diesel Tank? HELP!

rivonia
06-12-10, 16:08
Hi there everyone. We went to Athens for a few days. When we got back my wife said I can smell diesel. So a search was done by me and I discovered that one of the tanks was LEAKING. to cut a long story short. I now have at last managed to remove the faulty tank (after emptying 75 litres)
We are in Lefkas Marina. Does anyone know where I can get the tank cleaned out and Pressure Tested? Any advice will be welcome. Thanks in anticipation.

Peter

Davy_S
06-12-10, 18:19
Any advice will be welcome. Thanks in anticipation.

Dont take up smoking!:p

Chris_Robb
07-12-10, 15:46
Hi there everyone. We went to Athens for a few days. When we got back my wife said I can smell diesel. So a search was done by me and I discovered that one of the tanks was LEAKING. to cut a long story short. I now have at last managed to remove the faulty tank (after emptying 75 litres)
We are in Lefkas Marina. Does anyone know where I can get the tank cleaned out and Pressure Tested? Any advice will be welcome. Thanks in anticipation.

Peter

Peter - sorry to hear this. Did you determine where it was leaking? I presume not as you need to pressure test. A very good way of spotting where the diesel is leaking from is the good old talcum powder test. Just sprinkle on suspected area and it shows as clear as daylight.

rivonia
07-12-10, 16:06
Peter - sorry to hear this. Did you determine where it was leaking? I presume not as you need to pressure test. A very good way of spotting where the diesel is leaking from is the good old talcum powder test. Just sprinkle on suspected area and it shows as clear as daylight.

Hi Chris, yes the tank is out and I have discovered the leaks (several). All marked and ready for the welder. The tank is actually made of aluminium and not S/S as I thought. A friend here who is a very busy surveyor(of yachts) will take it to Prevaza to be sorted out.
Thanks for your kind thoughts

Peter

tri39
08-12-10, 11:36
You could have a new stainless tank made in Nidri.

rivonia
08-12-10, 18:12
You could have a new stainless tank made in Nidri.

The tank is approx 2ftx18"x2ft6" 80 litres. How much would it cost?

Peter