PDA

View Full Version : Brittany Tidal stream Atlas,7x50 compass binos,old YM`s or Sailing Today`s`

jerrytug
17-12-10, 21:29
Hello guys,it`a long shot,but there is a French tidal stream atlas which is focussed on Finisterre,goes in to fine detail with all the eddies etc. Might be a SHOM publication? Should have bought it at the time I know. I`ve literally only ever seen it in L`Aberwrac`h.What`s its official name even if you don`t have one to flog? Mucho appreciado Jerry.
Other requests speak for themselves,based in Hackney cheers

PS also wanted: Anything useful for Brittany and the Channel Islands really, in the way of charts or pilots or cruising companions etc,thanks

guernseyman
18-12-10, 09:22
Looking at my photocopies of the tidal streams I see they are taken from "Atlas de Courants de Marée No 555" for Rade de Brest, No 554 for Ushant and West Brittany.

Oh and they are SHOM publications

jerrytug
19-12-10, 11:03
Thanks Guernseyman that`s so kind of you to look it up.

philwebb
19-12-10, 22:31
Hi, SHOM 560 gives tidal streams from Pte de Penmarc'h to Gouilven. There is also a cheap
almanach that you may find useful that has Brittany and Channel Islands tidal streams. It
is Almanach du Marin Breton- imagine PBO Small Craft Almanach but for Brittany. I have personally found this very useful-you need to be able to read French for the rest of the
book but the tidal stream diagrams are self explanatory.
Regards, Phil

jerrytug
20-12-10, 21:01
Thanks be to you Phil,I shall look it out,Merry Crimble,Jerry

whitehall
29-12-10, 12:40
I have quite a few of the above, from the last 5 or so years. PM me if you are interested