PDA

View Full Version : Minehead butlins

Csail
04-04-11, 12:10
Has anyone been? Thinking about sailing there for half term for my boy.Don't fancy leaving boat in that **** harbour either so maybe dump boat in Watchet..Butlins seems to have improved looking at the website and only 200 and something quid for us 3 for 5 days.

Sneds
04-04-11, 16:59
Never been but the steam train ride from Watchet to Minehead is great!

sarabande
04-04-11, 17:31
use it as a base and it's not bad.

Certainly the West Somerset Railway is a real must. Also the coach trip to Lynmouth, and a quick whizz up the funicular. Deer watching trips also available. Dunster Castle (inspiration for the hymn "all things brighton boatiful")

Give me a PM if you book.

Csail
05-04-11, 09:12
Think i will book but moor in Watchet.Think ben would enjoy the funicular.How far stop to stop are stations? ie watchet harbour to butlins.

Csail
05-04-11, 15:02
End of that plan....its closed. I know its a bit rubbish but ben would love it and we could have done loads of day trips....any other ideas that combine boats?

Sneds
07-04-11, 19:16
Go anyway, Minehead station is two mins walk from the arcades and thepubs and chippies.
Bes tpub is on the road as you walk towards the harbour.
If you go to the lifeboat station, tell the, "thanks again" from me! (Misty Spirit - previous boat!)

Madhatter
07-04-11, 20:25
Go anyway, Minehead station is two mins walk from the arcades and thepubs and chippies.
Bes tpub is on the road as you walk towards the harbour.
If you go to the lifeboat station, tell the, "thanks again" from me! (Misty Spirit - previous boat!)

WAS ! ,now the one by the railway station

snooty fox
07-04-11, 22:13
end of that plan....its closed. I know its a bit rubbish but ben would love it and we could have done loads of day trips....any other ideas that combine boats?

butlins minehead ?:(

Csail
10-04-11, 05:37
Just closed for refurb the week i want to go.

Wunja
11-04-11, 10:03
I wouldn't go at Easter again. Everything smells damp after having been shut up for the winter.

Actually, I wouldn't go again!