PDA

View Full Version : Free Car Parking for a week in Bristol?

jerrytug
08-04-11, 18:41
Hello may I plunder you guys local knowledge? I`m crewing out of Plymouth for a week,I`m in London,I want to meet the skipper in Bristol,dump my car there,continue with him.Then when the yacht is delivered,get dropped off in Bristol a week later to pick up my car.Which is the safest street in Bristol with no yellow lines? Preferably outside a Police station with 20 cameras shining on it. Thanks in advance Jerry

mattonthesea
09-04-11, 18:33
Hello may I plunder you guys local knowledge? I`m crewing out of Plymouth for a week,I`m in London,I want to meet the skipper in Bristol,dump my car there,continue with him.Then when the yacht is delivered,get dropped off in Bristol a week later to pick up my car.Which is the safest street in Bristol with no yellow lines? Preferably outside a Police station with 20 cameras shining on it. Thanks in advance Jerry

Do you plan to meet on the boat in Bristol? If so then there are someresidential streets close to Bristol Marina. Either just there or across the cut in Southville.

If you are just meeting to swop into his car then I suggest the Clevedon junction of the M5. After leaving the m'way roundabout take a left and another left and you are in a residential area. I've parked there many times with no problem. You could meet in Gordano services, just up the road, first.

Hope that helps

Sneds
10-04-11, 20:18
Plenty of free off road car parking at Bristol Yacht Brokerage, opposite the Pump House Pub

Sulis
10-04-11, 22:27
The area opposite the pump house by the brokers is used by the council office located there and strictly you shouldn't park.
Although, people do park there have been mutterings from the council workers about doing something about it particularly if they can't find a place to park themselves.
There is a no limit car park opposite the Nova Scotia pub tho',

RobF
12-04-11, 00:30
All depends on where you're meeting him. If you're meeting him at the M4 / M5 junction would suggest a different place than if you're meeting in the centre of Bristol. If location is flexible, are you going to Plymouth by car or train or boat. If train, Bristol Parkway or Bristol Temple Meads.