PDA

View Full Version : Imperial wharf?

DutchDan
26-07-11, 08:25
Anybody know if its good place to stay overnight?
Or is it very bumpy because its out in the open?
Just approaching THE Thames Now!

Dan

DutchDan
26-07-11, 08:37
Is south Dock marina vetter lotion then THE Wharf?

Chris_d
26-07-11, 09:08
Imperial Wharf is definitely your easiest option, but if the lock is operating at St Kats as you arrive go in as its the best spot in London to be by miles, if not contniue to Imperial Wharf, I haven't been there yet but told by others that it is ok, try and moor on the inside of the pontoon to avoid wash but there is lot less traffic up there. South dock is in the middle of nowwhere.

DutchDan
26-07-11, 09:26
Thanks, Will go there!

No Regrets
26-07-11, 10:30
Bumpy until 10pm, then quiet all night. Lovely!

Andrew_Fanner
26-07-11, 11:31
Imperial Wharf is definitely your easiest option, but if the lock is operating at St Kats as you arrive go in as its the best spot in London to be by miles, if not contniue to Imperial Wharf, I haven't been there yet but told by others that it is ok, try and moor on the inside of the pontoon to avoid wash but there is lot less traffic up there. South dock is in the middle of nowwhere.

There is the Surrey Quays shoplex if that's your thing, into town is via the Clipper from Greenland Pier, quite fun in itself. I did New Year in S Dock a few years back because the access to St Kats was broken, again, and rather liked the place.

Its seriously cheaper than St Kats these days and if they had a fuel berth would be far more of a destination, although they don't have that much space it seems.

Imperial One
26-07-11, 12:27
Dutch Dan,
Imperial Wharf is a great place to be. Colin the pier master is away at the moment but Tony will be there to help out if you need it.
There is a train station immediately at the pier head and shops and restuarants on site. I will be there myself tomorrow (wednesday) on the Boarnstream 40 that we have moored there.
Should be on board about 11 ish so why not say hello if you are still about?
Weather permitting we will be running downstream to take a look at the sights........cue thunder storms!
Mike.