PDA

View Full Version : Plate licking

rivonia
15-08-11, 12:32
Do any of the full time live-aboards LICK the plates clean after a meal to help with the washing up?

duncan99210
15-08-11, 13:33
But still needs washing afterwards......

rivonia
15-08-11, 14:23
But still needs washing afterwards......

But of course !!

Cymrogwyllt
15-08-11, 14:31
licking the plate is crude. I slide a finger around the plate to pick up the bits and then lick the finger.

That also helps avoiding the bean sauce on the nose thing.

Oliveoyl
15-08-11, 14:46
How about wiping the plate clean with a piece of bread?

chinita
15-08-11, 16:02
Plate!

I have never yet poured me beans or soup out of the pan!

Rum_Pirate
16-08-11, 04:52
A man went to visit his 90 year old grandfather and while eating the breakfast of eggs and bacon prepared for him, he noticed a film-like substance on his plate.
So he says, "Grandfather, are these plates clean?"
His grandfather replies, "Those plates are as clean as cold water can get them, so go on and finish your meal."

That afternoon, while eating the hamburgers his grandfather made for lunch, he noticed many little black specks around the edge of his plate so again he asked, "Grandfather are you sure these plates are clean?"
Without looking up from his burger, the grandfather says, "I told you those dishes are as clean as cold water can get them, now don't ask me about it anymore."

Well, later that day, they were on their way out to get dinner.
As he was leaving the house, grandfather's dog who was lying on the floor started to growl and would not let him pass.
"Grandfather, your dog won't let me out."
Without diverting his attention from the football game he was watching, his grandfather shouted, "Coldwater, get out of the way!" :D :D :D

grafozz
16-08-11, 06:25
We never lick our plates , it upsets the dog - its her job ...

rivonia
16-08-11, 06:56
:D :D :D

That is great, like it.

satsuma
16-08-11, 11:37
I must confess, not with plates, but I did sail from the UK to Turkey (four months) without ever washing up my mug!:eek:
Just the "occassional" sluice in the sea!
The otherwise blue mug, was black inside when I was finally encouraged (forced!) to throw it away! :cool:

tcm
18-08-11, 12:18
I have made a Skipper's Decree that licking plates is actually "good manners" on board the boat. Also marking the cups which get filled with boling water saves washing up. Altho i do boil the cutlery every 6 months or so.

Bilgediver
20-08-11, 04:45
Do any of the full time live-aboards LICK the plates clean after a meal to help with the washing up?

As bad as licking your knife.......ad then using it to take butter from the butter dish!!!!!! Not good on a boat!!

wazza
21-08-11, 06:43
As bad as licking your knife.......ad then using it to take butter from the butter dish!!!!!! Not good on a boat!!

Not at all the same, I do lick MY plate onboard as no-one else will be using till its washed up! As opposed to the licking of a utensil which can be transferred to others..

johnwest
22-08-11, 16:56
Certainly not, when the Chief Steward and the stewardesses are present. Wether or not it happens in the crews mess I wouldn't know!

j