PDA

View Full Version : Official Port of Entry TRNC Karpaz

rivonia
28-02-12, 11:16
Hi all we are very excited as it is now OFFICIAL. Karpaz Gate Marina is an official PORT of ENTRY. Any yaccht can now sail direct to the Marina and check in or out. What a relief for all of us here as before we had to go to GIRNE/KYRENIA, which was a pain as it is about 80 miles away.
Look forward to meeting new faces as we hope to be here for another year.

Fair winds

Peter

miyagimoon
01-04-12, 16:24
It appears that KGM's Port of Entry status is in tatters.

Two yachts left today but had to sail to Girne (50nm) to clear out.

They had given KGM at least 7 days notice of leaving. However, there are no immigration officials at the marina. There is no immigartion computer system (which apparently needs it's own dedicated secure line) so clearance cannot be done from KGM. No one knows when they will be able to provide the service.

Permission was refused for them to go to either Famagusta or Girne by taxi, complete the clearance, return to KGM then sail away.

More yachts want to leave in the coming days. Should prove interesting and even more so if and when boats arrive (the EMYR is coming soon) under the belief that they can sign in here.

Some people who were going to take up KGM's 50% savings on mooring contract have now changed their minds due to the hassle of clearing out. Others who took up the offer are considering cancelling and asking for refunds.

MYAG
01-04-12, 17:44
It appears that KGM's Port of Entry status is in tatters.

Two yachts left today but had to sail to Girne (50nm) to clear out.

They had given KGM at least 7 days notice of leaving. However, there are no immigration officials at the marina. There is no immigartion computer system (which apparently needs it's own dedicated secure line) so clearance cannot be done from KGM. No one knows when they will be able to provide the service.

Permission was refused for them to go to either Famagusta or Girne by taxi, complete the clearance, return to KGM then sail away.

More yachts want to leave in the coming days. Should prove interesting and even more so if and when boats arrive (the EMYR is coming soon) under the belief that they can sign in here.

Some people who were going to take up KGM's 50% savings on mooring contract have now changed their minds due to the hassle of clearing out. Others who took up the offer are considering cancelling and asking for refunds.

I am not surprised to hear any of this, you should try living here then you will understand that nothing happens here until it happens, even if it is promised by the President himself!

I was at KGM yesterday to take another look prior to my annual trip to the island for independence day. Nice enough marina but too far out of the way for me.