PDA

View Full Version : St Katherines & Olympics

martin
17-04-12, 13:21
Hi,

I was just in discussion with a friend who has a boat moored in by Canary Wharf. He said that he had heard that St Katherines had asked most of the boats to leave for the olympics..is this true..?

rosssavage
18-04-12, 08:22
No. They have, however, just asked my friend who berths there for c3000 for a six week period during the Olympics for a 43' boat, effectively kicking her out cos she won't pay that!

Sulley
18-04-12, 08:38
Crazy!

I guess everyone is looking to make as much as they can during the Olympics :(

oldgit
18-04-12, 08:39
Curious,as previous posts on here have reported that visitor prices have been held at normal rates.?

Brayman
18-04-12, 08:46
Curious,as previous posts on here have reported that visitor prices have been held at normal rates.?

I thought that was just for the Jubilee weekend?

oldgit
18-04-12, 11:55
Ahhh.....you may well be correct .

maby
18-04-12, 12:56
No. They have, however, just asked my friend who berths there for c3000 for a six week period during the Olympics for a 43' boat, effectively kicking her out cos she won't pay that!

How can they get away with that? Is she an annual berth holder? There's certainly no provision in our marina's rule book to ask people that have paid in advance to vacate their berths so that the management can let them out to someone else!

longjohnsilver
18-04-12, 14:02

I made an enquiry a year or so back, received an email from them a few weeks ago offering 2 olympic weeks for about 3700, with a 2 day window either side to arrive/depart.

dash300
18-04-12, 16:58
I made an enquiry a year or so back, received an email from them a few weeks ago offering 2 olympic weeks for about 3700, with a 2 day window either side to arrive/depart.

They don't even reply to emails now. Several of my fellow residents have made enquiries re moorings and nothing heard.I feel they have their financial eyes elsewhere at the moment. Many of us are looking elswhere after the shows. St Katts are not doing themselves any favours to mainstay customers.

rosssavage
18-04-12, 17:47
Mayby, st kats don't do contracts on an annual basis, everyone is technically a visitor.

Seajet
21-04-12, 19:03
Weymouth Harbour has tried much the same thing, and hopefully come unstuck ! Huge price hikes, a while ago telling everyone they'd have to book their slot early; funnily enough, not many takers.

A chum has a boat in Weymouth Marina, but they were a bit more civilised than St.Kat's, merely enquired if he fancied being elsewhere for 6 weeks ( I think a financial carrot ws offered, forget how much ) - he just said 'no thanks', though driving to the place let alone sailing would seem problematical at best while people get paid to run or sail around in circles...:rolleyes: