PDA

View Full Version : Bank Holiday Weekend

Chill
28-04-12, 09:43
With rain forcast for next week what are the chances of getting away on the boat next weekend?
Do you think there still be strong stream warnings and high river levels?

Brayman
28-04-12, 10:02
With rain forcast for next week what are the chances of getting away on the boat next weekend?
Do you think there still be strong stream warnings and high river levels?

Looking at the river levels data for each lock makes me think they are pushing down as much water as they can, so keeping the levels reasonable which of course increases the flow. (I've only looked at Sonning to Henley mind)

The next couple of days should tell us, will it be as bad as forecast, I wonder?

teddington_lock
28-04-12, 10:09
Doesn't work like that.

We have a pulling order and target levels. :)

You can't just 'push' it downstream , as you create holes and peaks , that upset everyone.

You can only pull enough gates so as to maintain your target levels, if you pull loads of gates out , the level drops and you have to shut them back in again. You react to what the lock above you has done and that depends on the rate of water that is entering the river from run off .

boatone
28-04-12, 10:37
What Howard said .... :D

Brayman
28-04-12, 10:46
I wasn't suggesting they worked independently, whetever, there's a lot of water moving through!

teddington_lock
28-04-12, 10:49
If we have the rain that is forecast tomorrow , i suspect there will be a bit more pulling next week. ;)

PaulTG
01-05-12, 06:00
What do you guys think on the prospects a couple of days later?

We're supposed to be going out next week for our final holibubs before the baby is due and getting a little bit nervous that it's in jeopardy! :eek:

Jenny (on Paul's account... one day I'll get my own).

PaulTG
01-05-12, 07:30

My wife... hacker extraordinaire...

oldgit
01-05-12, 07:35
Off to Conyer Creek this weekend and it **** hard all the time we were there last year as well ..........

Brayman
01-05-12, 08:14
What do you guys think on the prospects a couple of days later?

We're supposed to be going out next week for our final holibubs before the baby is due and getting a little bit nervous that it's in jeopardy! :eek:

REDS - you have been warned. If you haven't been out on Reds before I wouldn't try it this week, especially in your condition!

TrueBlue
01-05-12, 09:12
The River has been a pussy cat for several years now and anyway few folk venture out in the off season when stronger flows (used to be) happen.

It's not a matter of punching the stream - most boats have sufficient power to do that. More a matter of side streams and eddies which are not obvious to those who don't fully understand the River.

So as the OP is new to This Place and I assume relatively new to boating, I echo what others have said - DON'T.

Even getting out of your marina can be a challenge.

Brayman
01-05-12, 09:42
... and getting back in a bigger challenge!

jecuk
01-05-12, 10:26
I think this is very true at Bray. Getting in and out of the marina is tricky when flows are high.

Ramage
01-05-12, 12:32
BCC is cancelling its cruise to Remenham over the coming Bank Holiday weekend due to the conditions....

Looks like the BBQ will be at the clubhouse.

Chill
01-05-12, 13:00
So as the OP is new to This Place and I assume relatively new to boating, I echo what others have said - DON'T.

Been boating on the Thames since I was 12 old chap!

dash300
01-05-12, 17:11

Even so I still wouldn't go out. Loads of virtually submerged lumpy stuff shooting by !!!!

Sulley
01-05-12, 18:11
I was down at Bray and Windsor today the visitors moorings at Bray are under water on the outside of the marina, Windsor I now have to walk up the ramp to get on the pontoon!

It was running fast and I guess at least 1 metre higher than normal.

Riverleak
01-05-12, 18:51

It's all well and good going out for a jolly until something goes wrong. Whether you have had a boat two years or forty, things can and do go wrong, piece of plastic, rope, tyre, tree, around the prop soon ends a weekend boating in possible tragedy. Engine failure, being cast adrift, ropes snapping and hitting a weir or bridge buttress in high flow doesn't appeal to me. You would probably find your anchor useless in this sort of flow, I'd much prefer to stay put and have my boat all intact for the better times.

PaulTG
01-05-12, 18:54
I was down at Bray and Windsor today the visitors moorings at Bray are under water on the outside of the marina, Windsor I now have to walk up the ramp to get on the pontoon!

It was running fast and I guess at least 1 metre higher than normal.

Well that got Paul out the house to check the boat's ropes! :p

watson1959
01-05-12, 18:57
It's all well and good going out for a jolly until something goes wrong. Whether you have had a boat two years or forty, things can and do go wrong, piece of plastic, rope, tyre, tree, around the prop soon ends a weekend boating in possible tragedy. Engine failure, being cast adrift, ropes snapping and hitting a weir or bridge buttress in high flow doesn't appeal to me. You would probably find your anchor useless in this sort of flow, I'd much prefer to stay put and have my boat all intact for the better times.

Point well made Riverleak.

Despite my natural inclination to venture out so as to gain another experience, you've positioned the reality very well. I will resist the temptation until the flow dies down somewhat :D

Mirror Painter
01-05-12, 19:33
Point well made Riverleak.

Despite my natural inclination to venture out so as to gain another experience, you've positioned the reality very well. I will resist the temptation until the flow dies down somewhat :D

I'd like to second that! I have taken Friday as a day from annual leave and was willing the water down. Riverleak's sensible post has removed the idea that I might move the boat. Now I shall just get on with the list of jobs that even a tiny boat has. And perhaps a beer. Or six.

bumperdump
01-05-12, 21:18
http://i250.photobucket.com/albums/gg277/cjelland/boatthamesflood006.jpg

http://i250.photobucket.com/albums/gg277/cjelland/boatthamesflood002.jpg

http://i250.photobucket.com/albums/gg277/cjelland/boatthamesflood021.jpg

http://i250.photobucket.com/albums/gg277/cjelland/boatthamesflood012.jpg

http://i250.photobucket.com/albums/gg277/cjelland/pajerointgherain012.jpg

http://i250.photobucket.com/albums/gg277/cjelland/boatthamesflood041.jpg

http://i250.photobucket.com/albums/gg277/cjelland/boatthamesflood040.jpg

HONEYMOMMY
01-05-12, 21:27
Wow. Didn't realise it had risen that much. Off to Bray just to check our baby is all ship shape, then sticking to curtain making and other jobs.

Gavi
01-05-12, 21:33
The current weather forecast looks better and we've got watere tipping through Staines - first flood alert this evening. Perhaps a calmer weekend will happen? Our little Broom, previously posted elsewhere, is now happily floating on her own. Glad I both added lines and loosened them all!

OldManRiver
01-05-12, 21:34
I am hoping the levels should be lower by the weekend but submerged laybys are not great particularly with a significant likelihood that lock keepers are busy elsewhere.

Riverleak
01-05-12, 22:20
Great photos, these reiterate the points I made earlier, in the first photos the river looks sedate despite running fast and being high, but as you approach Hamblden weir you see the real speed and, turbulence , remember there is several feet of water running under those weir gates the force can be quite incredible.

OceanBlue
01-05-12, 22:53
I was also thinking of venturing out this weekend, a great advocate for tidal practice but these photos show that even if we're optimistic to have some sunshine over the bank holiday, the river conditions will not be worth taking the risk... looks like another maintenance weekend, all those tasks for a rainy day?

jecuk
01-05-12, 23:12
It is only Tuesday. Absent a lot more rain these things clear quite quickly. I would suggest it is premature to give up just yet.

TrueBlue
02-05-12, 09:30
Wow. Didn't realise it had risen that much. Off to Bray just to check our baby is all ship shape, then sticking to curtain making and other jobs.

Those lovely staff at Bray and at other marinas check the moorings at regular intervals at least twice a day - as do other marinas. A very nice man goes out in a boat to check mine.

Even so MDL marinas are on rising pontoons to the boats go up and down, up and down in tune with river levels.

Even so I'm sure the 'hound' appreciated a visit and a pat.....

TrueBlue
02-05-12, 09:45
http://i250.photobucket.com/albums/gg277/cjelland/boatthamesflood021.jpg

http://i250.photobucket.com/albums/gg277/cjelland/boatthamesflood041.jpg

The above two pictures show well the rise in level downstream.
Below the posts is a barrier to protect the lock layby and that's about 2' above normal levels. In the picture you can't even see the top of the barrier....

The fall at Hambledon is 4' 9" so the usual view from the weir reflect that. The picture shows the upstream and down streams levels about the same (ish)!

I'm guessing that some 3? 4? times normal water flow is going over.

Comments anyone?

BTW thanks for the pictures, very informative and I know that stretch, but it might be more difficult for others to interpret.

teddington_lock
02-05-12, 10:09
It is only Tuesday. Absent a lot more rain these things clear quite quickly. I would suggest it is premature to give up just yet.

This should top it up nicely ! :D

http://www.netweather.tv/index.cgi?action=uk7dayx7;page=2;ct=~TW11;sess=#fo recast

jecuk
02-05-12, 10:11
True! Absent that ie assuming no more rain, how long would you expect before the river gets back to more sensible levels?

Sulley
02-05-12, 10:16
Those lovely staff at Bray and at other marinas check the moorings at regular intervals at least twice a day - as do other marinas. A very nice man goes out in a boat to check mine.

Even so MDL marinas are on rising pontoons to the boats go up and down, up and down in tune with river levels.

Agree, I spoke with James in Bray office and he said they had moved a couple of boats and were checking on everything. At Windsor I noticed all the boats on bankside moorings had been adjusted to cope with the water level change. The boys and girls at MDL are lovely and this is one of the reasons you pay to be in a marina. :)

watson1959
02-05-12, 11:10
this is one of the reasons you pay to be in a marina. :)

Quite agree......no issues at T&K either...floaty pontoons don't 'alf 'elp!

rib
02-05-12, 13:49
does this mean you lot can wash your boats now

boatone
02-05-12, 13:52
does this mean you lot can wash your boats now

Don't be silly ! :D

HONEYMOMMY
02-05-12, 18:54

I know. They are really nice people and very helpfull. I didn't go in the end, but may go tomorrow just to see the water level. :)

No Regrets
02-05-12, 20:16
Agree, I spoke with James in Bray office and he said they had moved a couple of boats and were checking on everything. At Windsor I noticed all the boats on bankside moorings had been adjusted to cope with the water level change. The boys and girls at MDL are lovely and this is one of the reasons you pay to be in a marina. :)

+1 Great team :D

boatone
03-05-12, 07:53
EA Outlook statement from yesterday afternoon ( 2 May pm)

http://dl.dropbox.com/u/3356797/EAoutlook020512pm.jpg

rr_123
03-05-12, 08:29
well empirically the river above Penton Hook is much slower today than yesterday (guess around 1m/s as opposed to 1.5 yesterday) with normal levels and a lot less detritus. I suppose it depends how much rain we get today but I am considering taking my boat out later and it is not a nimble stream hopper!

R

Chris_d
03-05-12, 09:33
River here at Days (Dorchester) has continued to rise overnight and still going up this morning, it will almost certainly burst its banks today and all that water will carryon down. Weekend is a right off:(

Brayman
03-05-12, 09:34
River here at Days (Dorchester) has continued to rise overnight and still going up this morning, it will almost certainly burst its banks today and all that water will carryon down. Weekend is a right off:(

Hope you find something good to do then Chris!

shades
03-05-12, 10:14
Do not be fooled by the apparent calm on the surface, there was definitely more water passing through yesterday than there had been the day before. Rest assured, below the surface the water is very ferocious. A lot of the weirs look more tame, due to the tail water (lower level) climbing, making the fall (height difference above/below the lock/weir) considerably less than normal. There is therefore significantly less turbulence as the water flows past the weirs, as the water is not tumbling as far. I hope that was not too technical!

jecuk
03-05-12, 10:34
A good point. Still interested to know how long, in the absence of more rain, it would typically take to get back to normal levels and flows? A week or less?

TrueBlue
03-05-12, 10:41
Do not be fooled by the apparent calm on the surface, there was definitely more water passing through yesterday than there had been the day before. Rest assured, below the surface the water is very ferocious. A lot of the weirs look more tame, due to the tail water (lower level) climbing, making the fall (height difference above/below the lock/weir) considerably less than normal. There is therefore significantly less turbulence as the water flows past the weirs, as the water is not tumbling as far. I hope that was not too technical!

PhWooaar I didn't think the picture of Hambledon Lock's weir (on another thread) looked tame at all...
Quite the reverse. Nasty.

I can't get my head around - given that the downstream level is high, when I look at the EA levels pages for Hurley, it shows the level as being within range??

here (http://www.environment-agency.gov.uk/homeandleisure/floods/riverlevels/136496.aspx?stationId=7156)

So where's all the water gone?

PaulTG
03-05-12, 10:42
Surely this depends on how much water there is to shift through and the tides at the other end. As much as I'd love to know too (was hoping to be out on the boat for most of the next 10 days originally) I think that there isn't really an answer to this.

Happy to be proved wrong though :-)

jecuk
03-05-12, 10:43
Surely this depends on how much water there is to shift through and the tides at the other end. As much as I'd love to know too (was hoping to be out on the boat for most of the next 10 days originally) I think that there isn't really an answer to this.

Of course there is no exact answer but I really have no feel for how quickly a body of water moves down the river.

rr_123
03-05-12, 11:05

Not too technical; I can understand the difference between laminar and turbulent flow, and I know what a submerged hydraulic jump is, but the flow is still definitely slower here in the reach above Penton Hook today and the level is no more than 6" above normal; not saying that that won't change like, just how it is right now.

rr_123
03-05-12, 11:06
Of course there is no exact answer but I really have no feel for how quickly a body of water moves down the river.

based on a highly scientific "pooh-sticks" method of flow calculation (how long it takes a bit of flotsam to flow past my boat) the river here is flowing at about 4-4.5 kmh, so a "piece" of water should be able to travel (say) the 77 km from Henley Bridge to Teddington Lock in less than 24 hours

shades
03-05-12, 11:22
I can't get my head around - given that the downstream level is high, when I look at the EA levels pages for Hurley, it shows the level as being within range??

So where's all the water gone?[/QUOTE]

Each weir is exremely efficient. As you mentioned Hambleden let us use that as the example. I am told that the level above Hambleden is only up about 5 inches above normal, but the level below the lock is about 4 feet above normal. Hambleden Weir is able to throw vast amounts of water into the area below it. This water then "queues up" to try and get downstream to the next weir at Hurley which is over 4 miles away. So although water does its very best to run level, in reality there is quite a gradient to it, which is exaggerated as the flow increases. therefore the water will stack up at the top end of each reach, more so on the longer reaches, whereas the level above the lock tends not to vary as much. The lockkeeper alters the weir (until he is unable to open any more) and adjusts the flow to maintain the normal level.

PaulTG
03-05-12, 11:51
here (http://www.environment-agency.gov.uk/homeandleisure/floods/riverlevels/136496.aspx?stationId=7156)

So where's all the water gone?

I agree. I think I must be missing something here because at the same time as the front of Bray Marina was going underwater the levels at Bray lock were within limits.

bendyone
04-05-12, 07:02
Very high and fast at Onsey yesterday, was hoping to launch at the weekend but will probably leave it till next week.

oldgit
04-05-12, 07:36
And the good thing thing apart from the rather boaty centric views on here:),is the entire river is getting a blooming good spring-clean with all that man made sh*te being dislodged ,plastic bags,bottles and even worse stuff.
More importantly silt and dead vegetation is being washed away helping everything in the food chain and ensuring a healthy river.

Chris_d
04-05-12, 07:45
And the good thing thing apart from the rather boaty centric views on here:),is the entire river is getting a blooming good spring-clean with all that man made sh*te being dislodged ,plastic bags,bottles and even worse stuff.
More importantly silt and dead vegetation is being washed away helping everything in the food chain and ensuring a healthy river.

Great thats really cheered me up knowing that... :p

SnowCat
04-05-12, 08:15
Oh good! Loads more rubbish to pick up on props on the Lower Thames :(

jecuk
04-05-12, 08:59
Oh good! Loads more rubbish to pick up on props on the Lower Thames :(

Don't worry. It all washes out down the estuary and into the Medway.

Captain Coochie
04-05-12, 09:08
So although water does its very best to run level, in reality there is quite a gradient to it, which is exaggerated as the flow increases. therefore the water will stack up at the top end of each reach, more so on the longer reaches, whereas the level above the lock tends not to vary as much.

I didnt think water could do that . :confused:

shades
04-05-12, 09:13
I didnt think water could do that . :confused:

Amazing isn't it. I find it hard to fathom myself.
It was best described to me as a funnelling effect - The weirs are designed to transfer large quantities of water quickly, the reaches between the weirs are not.

TrueBlue
04-05-12, 10:36
It was best described to me as a funnelling effect - The weirs are designed to transfer large quantities of water quickly, the reaches between the weirs are not.

Fascinating all to do with Mr. Bernoulli.

I was expecting somebody to say the water was all over the meadows at Medmenham..

Still your answer's a lot better!

Only on this Thames forum can you get decent information on how the River "works".

Gavi
04-05-12, 10:41

Thank you - that explains why the water at the Gavi residence is so much higher than that at RR_123 (who is something of a "downriver" beast)

Captain Coochie
04-05-12, 12:16
Its making my head hurt .

watson1959
04-05-12, 12:21
[QUOTE=shades;3522722]
I find it hard to fathom myself.
QUOTE]

Pun intended?:cool:

Chris_d
04-05-12, 12:25
Its making my head hurt .

Don't hurt your head:) its a river so its going downhill, the riverbed at one end of a reach is higher than at the downstream end, locks and weirs were put in to try and level it out but it still slopes downhill. Pour a load in at the top of the hill too fast and it sits there until it can escape downhill, its trapped by the banks with only a small channel to go down.

Dave_Seager
04-05-12, 13:43
If there were no gradient on the surface then the water would not move downriver.

rr_123
04-05-12, 13:46
its trapped by the banks with only a small channel to go down.

well technically the hydraulic gradient depends on the depth of flow, the frictional coefficient of the substrate, and the level turbulence within the flow.

It is, as has been mentioned, obeying the Bernoulli theorem, due to the constraints of flow the head constant H1 just downstream from the weir is greater than H2, just above the next weir. To maintain equilibrium assuming constant pressure and density of the fluid, the river is in fact flowing slightly faster at the weirhead :cool:

The same equation can be used to calculate the velocity of the water as it passes over the weir simply by measuring its depth, and therefore used to calculate the volume of water going down

Is that any clearer... or shall I get the aspirin :)

Richard Shead
04-05-12, 14:26
Word or warning...if you have to wear your boots in the Flowerpot then its definitely not safe to go out..;)

Captain Coochie
04-05-12, 14:31
Ive got it now . All you had to say was http://upload.wikimedia.org/wikipedia/en/math/f/5/0/f50d1da8059086bfa7e823cbc276075d.png

watson1959
04-05-12, 14:45
Ive got it now . All you had to say was http://upload.wikimedia.org/wikipedia/en/math/f/5/0/f50d1da8059086bfa7e823cbc276075d.png

FFS! Why didnt you say that in the first place??

All that talk for something so simple....sheesh....

rr_123
04-05-12, 14:57

FFS! Why didnt you say that in the first place??

All that talk for something so simple....sheesh....

duhh

we're using http://i273.photobucket.com/albums/jj236/rr_123/ybw/bernoulli.png

... the forum gets quite "interesting" when the river's in spate (c:

TrueBlue
04-05-12, 16:02
duhh

we're using http://i273.photobucket.com/albums/jj236/rr_123/ybw/bernoulli.png

... the forum gets quite "interesting" when the river's in spate (c:

Nobody's yet said it, but I will

It's all greek to me

Tada / Boom Boom

watson1959
04-05-12, 16:21
Nobody's yet said it, but I will

It's all greek to me

Tada / Boom Boom

all GEEK more likely!

jecuk
04-05-12, 22:08
The same equation can be used to calculate the velocity of the water as it passes over the weir simply by measuring its depth, and therefore used to calculate the volume of water going down

Is that any clearer... or shall I get the aspirin :)

But are the channels leading to the weirs rectangular??

rr_123
04-05-12, 22:37
But are the channels leading to the weirs rectangular??

This is a good and valid point.

The channel is certainly rectangular at the weir, but I think that a degree of approximation would need to be applied to the immediate upstream section.

teddington_lock
05-05-12, 15:03
Teddington Weir this morning ( 0545 ) click to view video

Doesn't look that fast , but the volume of water passing under the bridge is incredible.

http://i238.photobucket.com/albums/ff244/teddingtonlock/th_IMG_0186.jpg (http://s238.photobucket.com/albums/ff244/teddingtonlock/?action=view&current=IMG_0186.mp4)

stuartbaggs
05-05-12, 15:59
Do you think we'll still be on red boards next weekend?

watson1959
05-05-12, 16:01
Do you think we'll still be on red boards next weekend?

Looking at the forecast there's four more days of rain to come here in Berkshire..... Can't see that helping ease the flow

rr_123
05-05-12, 17:25
first yellow on the EA river conditions (http://riverconditions.environment-agency.gov.uk/) site

and the South should miss the worst of the rain next week

Yayyy!

rr_123
05-05-12, 17:28
I've seen a couple of boats out this week, a professional looking geezer on a sports cruiser, a stoic 60' narrow boat (Lord knows what would have happened if he tried to turn that round!!) but the best was a Salter's party boat today - cruised very slowly upstream then came back down still pointing upstream but ferry gliding at half the speed of the current so going forward slowly through the water and backwards over the ground - lovely bit of boat handling in a wacking great thing with a single prop and a rudder :)

gordontytler
06-05-12, 20:13
Question about average levels and bridge heights:

My boat is out of the water at Reading and arrived by truck. The river map says Henley bridge is 4.1m above the water and I have calculated 40cm clearance so no problem? Obviously it would not get under today. I saw real waves at Reading yesterday!

I need some good summer weather for painting and by then the level should be down.

If I only have 40cm between the 4.1m (on the map) and want the freedom to go up and down the river at any time of year I suppose I will have to modify the boat.

What does the 4.1 mean anyway?

teddington_lock
06-05-12, 20:25
4.1m is measured from a height in the water known as 'headwater' or zero.

So , if 'headwater' is zero , the bridge has 4.1m of clearance , you need to phone the lock before the bridge and ask them how much above 'headwater' they are running at to get the true bridge clearance.

If they run at 4 inches above headwater , then the bridge height is reduced by 4 inches or 10 cm , and would instead be around 4.0m

gordontytler
06-05-12, 20:38
Thanks. 40cm (above and to the side) will only be enough when it is zero or below and perfectly calm so I will think about making my radar bridge fold-able. But not this year. I want to get back in the water. You seem to know a lot about locks. What do you do for a living?

watson1959
06-05-12, 21:05
:D the clue is in the name!

No Regrets
07-05-12, 13:28
You seem to know a lot about locks. What do you do for a living?

Classic...:D

Thats WAS a joke, right? :rolleyes:

dandanthebigboatman
07-05-12, 15:54
Was the salters boat in the reach between bell weir and penton hook? if so that was me on hampton court :D thank you for your praise

oldgit
08-05-12, 15:59
Hi, Dan and welcome to the forum,nice to hear from someone who earns their living on the river,comments from your perspective would be most interesting,as you may be aware we already have a representative from the lock keeping bunch and one or two others.

rr_123
08-05-12, 16:06
Was the salters boat in the reach between bell weir and penton hook? if so that was me on hampton court :D thank you for your praise

Indeed it was Hamton Court on the Staines Reach

Take a bow that man and, as OldGit says, welcome to the forum.

dandanthebigboatman
08-05-12, 16:57
thank you i look foward to participating in the forum and seeing everyones opinions:)

Ramage
08-05-12, 18:12
Indeed it was Hamton Court on the Staines Reach

Take a bow that man and, as OldGit says, welcome to the forum.

Are you taking the P ?

There is a P in Hampton Court. :D

No Regrets
08-05-12, 18:19
And sometimes a P in A Hampton...:o

dash300
08-05-12, 18:59

Perhaps you could give some tips to the 'French Brothers' cowboys at Windsor !

rr_123
08-05-12, 20:38
Are you taking the P ?

There is a P in Hampton Court. :D

sare me, it's juist a tyo!

(c:

dandanthebigboatman
09-05-12, 06:43
Perhaps you could give some tips to the 'French Brothers' cowboys at Windsor !

I am supposed to be having one of there skippers coming to work for us am not sure weather to let him on the big boats straight away or not though i will have to stand by him him for a few days i think. Im told that most of their boats are like driving cars but i have never tried.:p

Chris_d
09-05-12, 09:30
Im told that most of their boats are like driving cars but i have never tried.:p

Yes must drive like tailgating Audis in the outside lane of the M25 then:D

Salters normally much better behaved;)

dandanthebigboatman
09-05-12, 20:12
Yes must drive like tailgating Audis in the outside lane of the M25 then:D

Salters normally much better behaved;)

we like to think that the river is a place for relaxation and peacefullness so we try to keep it that way where possible. but if one of our boats ever does cause a problem from speeding let me know so i can take the skipper to one side and have a word :)

oldgit
10-05-12, 14:40
If you see any of our forumites speeding report them to the forum,we have a ready prepared instant justice lynch mob available 24/7*

*Unless the pub is open :)

dandanthebigboatman
10-05-12, 16:40
[QUOTE=oldgit;3532937]If you see any of our forumites speeding report them to the forum,we have a ready prepared instant justice lynch mob available 24/7*

*Unless the pub is open :)[/QUOTE

the only way to make a day on the river any better is by finishing it with a refreshing pint in the pub :p