PDA

View Full Version : Bukh stop solenoid

isandell
14-08-05, 17:29
I am after a stop solenoid for a Bukh DV20 engine. I understand that they are made by Bosch so info about where to get the equivalent Bosch part would also be appreciated.

Thanks

Ian

nordic_ranger
14-08-05, 18:36
I bought one a while back from my local Bosch dealer ( Glasgow ). The part no. is on the side of the solenoid, I quoted this it cost about a third of the price I would have paid a Buck dealership for one. Look in your yellow pages for your Bosch outlet. Don't tell them its for a boat as it also has a commercial vehicle use.

Jim.

isandell
14-08-05, 22:57
Thanks, that's most encouraging.

I am planning to go to Camberley Auto Factors as they have been helpful in the past. However, I dont have a part number on my solenoid. If it was there, it has become obliterated with the heat when the solenoid burnt out, so any help with part numbers will be most appreciated.

Ian

nordic_ranger
14-08-05, 23:26
Ian,
Sorry I can't help with solenoid stop no., but you may find it in a repair manual.

Jim.

oldharry
15-08-05, 09:24
From DV20 engine No 93637, Bosch type 0330 101 024.

Fix an alarm buzzer in circuit, then you won't forget to switch it off next time!

isandell
15-08-05, 20:51
Thanks. Tried CAR today but no joy. Will try commercial vehicle autofactors tomorrow.

The circuit does have a wrning buzzer but it had stopped working. I have now moded the control box with a push button switch in-line with the key switch.

Ian