PDA

View Full Version : MDL Metered lead

GC1
18-04-06, 20:51
Looking for MDL metered lead in good condition, short 1 mtr one is OK.

Thanks.

sailorman
18-04-06, 21:49
meter maid ( Chelmerdeston - Suffolk)
have a web-site
meters @ 120

GC1
18-04-06, 22:52
Thanks, found it at :- http://yachtworld.com/leaving_yw.cgi?url=http://www.metermaid.co.uk

Have sent an e-mail re price, if anyone has one they want to get rid of please contact me ASAP.

Thanks.

GC1
19-04-06, 22:09
I e-mailed the company this is their reply :-

Many thanks for your interest in Metermaid. I am assuming you need a 16A unit and not a 32A?

On that basis the cost of a 16A 240V Metermaid with 1 metre of cable and an IP44 3 pin plug and socket fitted is 112.50 + VAT. With P+P to a UK mainland address and VAT, the total cost is 141.00. As you may know, you can have whatever cable length fitted to the Metermaid that you want - additional cabling costs an extra 1.00 + VAT per metre fitted. However, for any Metermaid fitted with more than 1 metre of cable P+P costs increase by 5.75 (inc.VAT) as the unit would have to be sent via a carrier instead of Royal Mail.

You will probably find that the cost of a Metermaid direct from MDL is slightly cheaper than from us this is because they order in quantity and therefore the cost of P+P is diluted somewhat. However, I believe that, in general, MDL charges reflect our retail prices.

We hold some units in stock which are available for immediate dispatch and we accept payment by credit card if this is of any help to you. Hope this information is helpful and looking forward to hearing from you should you have any other queries or wish to go ahead with an order.
/forums/images/graemlins/confused.gif

So they are more expensive than MDL @ 132 /forums/images/graemlins/frown.gif

Where did you get your figures from, my e-mail was received today.

sailorman
19-04-06, 22:25
about 8 wks ago

GC1
19-04-06, 22:32
I guess it is the postage that is the killer, and I'm not going all that way to save 12 /forums/images/graemlins/grin.gif

Thanks for the info though /forums/images/graemlins/wink.gif

alanhanson
20-04-06, 09:35
i have one currently being shipped from the carribean and i think it shold be with me in approx 4 weeks.
it is around 36 ft long and you can have it for 70 plus p&p if you can wait for it to arrive.
alan

GC1
20-04-06, 12:14
How old is the lead? just wondering re warranty

alanhanson
25-04-06, 10:41
about 5 years old

GC1
26-04-06, 20:51
Thanks but for that price I will just buy a new short one for 130, and have a two year warranty. That way it also enables me to use my present lead when away from an MDL and I don't have to carry two long leads.

Thanks for responding though just too expensive for one so old with no warranty after doing a risk assessment /forums/images/graemlins/wink.gif. MDL do annual checks on them all, and at 5 yrs old I would expect it has just about had it /forums/images/graemlins/grin.gif