- Fed up with the nanny state in UK been here 3 years, love it. My family have been here since 1717.
- Gibraltar, RGYC.
- Sailing, Naval History, seamanship, classic cars, having fun. Yachtmaster(Ocean)Ticket, since 1974.
- Westerly Sealord 39 Centre Cockpit Sloop. Slab reefed.
- I love rough water sailing.LOL. The rougher it is the more I like it. Its the challenge, you see.
- This is my second Sealord Centre Cockpit Sloop.Its a Dreadnought, but a graceful agile one.So I am spoilt. I would not have any other Centre Cockpit but a Westerly Sealord 39.It is the business, I am telling you.
- We are now here in our third year. At first SWMBO pined for the countryside of England. Now she pines when out of sight of The Rock. Suddenly inheriting thousands of friends has had the desired effect.
- I am a committed fan of Admiral Lord Nelson and of his victories at The Nile, Copenhagen and Trafalgar.I own the defeated admirals drinking glasses post Trafalgar.
- Every 21st October every year at noon, I gather friends round to drink a toast in his memory and to commemorate his Victory on that day in the year 1805. The toast offered is in Navy Rum.
- In conversation with a Portuguese Yachtsman, I learnt the Portuguese Navy cherish his memory also. Sailors wear a black neckscarf in mourning for Nelson and wear three stripes on their uniform commemorating The Nile, Copenhagen and Trafalgar, so ther
- The apes on the upper rock are very clever and mimic anything you show them. They often come down to the town area to visit and have their pictures taken with visitors. There you go.
- If you are a visitor and want to have your picture taken with our Rock Apes, do so by all means. They are not afraid or timid in the proximity of humans but do not touch their babies, you risk being seriously attacked and bitten.
- It is today Nov 7th. There are people on the beach sunbating and swimming still. Others are eating and drinking and having fun at the beach bars.
- From my terrace I have a view of Africa and Gibraltar Bay. There are ships lying to anchors within earshot. We can hear them dropping and raising anchor in the very same waters that the victorious fleet and her prizes anchored after Trafalgar.
- We are off to Marbella for a fortnight with friends. Will continue to post on return.
- Total Posts
- Posts Per Day
- Last Activity
- 29-10-14 21:48
- Join Date
Showing Friends 1 to 7 of 7