Thread: Ritchie Compass

Default Ritchie Compass

Mine seems to have run dry, does anyone know if they are refillable or do i just replace.

Default Re: Ritchie Compass

Mine got a bubble - getting hold of the correct fluid & a pipette is easy - do a 'search' on this for contact info. Needless to say there is a reason for it disappearing - on mine the plastic bowl had cracked at the join - a bit of araldite worked ok but that was only a year ago so not sure how long lasting it is. The filler is the little plastic stopper at the side which pops out along with a rubber 'o' ring. I guess if your compass is a really important piece of kit for you replacement is probably the wise choice.

[ QUOTE ]
    I guess if your compass is a really important piece of kit for you replacement is probably the wise choice.

[/ QUOTE ]

Well put, but if you want a bodge I filled mine with antifreeze 50% H2O and one drop of bleach to remove the colour. sealed with hot glue gun.

Was an old boat but the compass never failed. [img]/forums/images/graemlins/smile.gif[/img]

Try http://www.ritchienavigation.com/ They are good bits of kit and worth repairing.

But don't forget the volumes are US Pints, multiply by 5 and divide by 4 for proper pints (and gallons).

Piers is offline Registered User

Depending upon the model, it normally means the bellows have a leak. Repair and replace the fluid. Ritchies are great compasses.
    These are the voyages of Play d'eau....www.playdeau.com

tony345 is offline Registered User

I've just done this

Get in touch with Ritche - they're brilliant

Flew me out a new diagphram and fluid for a 20 year old discontinued model - all for a few pounds
    Steady as she goes, Mr Christian.....