Default lap top help pls

Back from Spain, went to the Boat and the Sony Vaio has decided not to recognise either the data card or wifi card. Firmware for both is saying "please connect card". the lights on the cards are flashing so are being powered. Cards both work on home lap top, any ideas, polite if poss!!

Went diving in Spain on the worse weather day out off the whole 2 weeks, boat trip out was a nightmare, rain hail and wind, vis okay below though, never got the refresher they promised, but it came flooding back once under the water (thank goodness)

Default Re: lap top help pls

try a different slot if possible

Have you logged in under a different profile (user name & password) if so you can either login under the old user name and password or take the card out reinstall the software and put the data card back in when you are asked.

Before you do that make a restore point in system recovery
    Start, accessories, system tools, system restore.

You could also try the system restore to a date and time when you knew the card was working. None of your data is changed ie emails word docs etc

Every time I login under a new profile I have to reinstall my 02 data card

Steve

[ QUOTE ]
    Went diving in Spain on the worse weather day out off the whole 2 weeks, boat trip out was a nightmare, rain hail and wind, vis okay below though, never got the refresher they promised, but it came flooding back once under the water (thank goodness)

[/ QUOTE ]

Where were you diving? Did you see much?

Cheers

Richard
    Narrowboating From Stretford!!

Island just out side Mar Menor, Costa Blanca, lots of small fish, star fish and jelly fish, not spectacular but worth doing