Default Praise for Marinas

Very often you see Marina’s getting a bad press on the pages of this message board. So credit where credit is due.

This winter there will be a significant number of cruisers with children wintering at the “Marmaris Yacht Marina”. The marina management have responded by creating a dedicated children’s schoolroom and play room.

No wonder this is a popular place to stay for the winter.

Default Re: Praise for Marinas

They have a similar thing here in Lagos. It is called The South Bar.

Yep, Marmaris is lovely (bombs notwithstanding).

But a Marina doing something for their clients... It just couldn't be the UK!!!
    But no pleasure is comparable to the standing upon the vantage ground of Truth.
    (Francis Bacon)

hey thats good - they must need teachers then. What language do they teach in? [img]/forums/images/graemlins/tongue.gif[/img]
    ...A bad day at sea is always better than a good day in the office!....

Hi I was thinking of leaving my 44ft yacht there have you any idea of prices ,and are there any deals going because of the political situation ie bombings,I have alway found that the Turkish man in the street very kind and generous and welcoming. cheers bobt
    Sailing the Aegean

I'd add Portosin in Galicia. Reasonable rates and the most helpful staff I've ever come across.

See www.sailblogs.com/member/birvidik

and then navigate to 'Ria de Arosa'.

How do you put hyperlinks in these things?

Ooh! It's done it all on its own. Isn't that clever.
    An intellectual is someone who has been educated beyond his intelligence.

www.sailblogs.com/member/birvidik

The clubhouse at Portosin also has excellent views over the Ria de Muros and the most comfortable armchairs and sofas in any marina we've been to.

See http://www.cnportosin.com/uk/
    Read our sailing blog - Kalessin of Orwell

Based from the UK, try to get away on a boat for at least two months a year.

[ QUOTE ]
    Hi I was thinking of leaving my 44ft yacht there have you any idea of prices ,and are there any deals going because of the political situation ie bombings,I have alway found that the Turkish man in the street very kind and generous and welcoming. cheers bobt

[/ QUOTE ]

You can readily check prices by simply phoning them but suggest it would be in the region of eu 2,600 / £1800 pa for a 44 footer.
    JOHN

Hi John.
    Thanks,I know that you can get prices by phoning and move than likley I will get the list price quoted .I recently met a directer of a large holiday company who explained that the Turkish ecomony will collapse and all prices for turist services will/should fall .I was wondering if it had started .did not think it wise to sign up now if prices are to drop by the amount that he thought cheers bob t
    Sailing the Aegean