boatone is offline Registered User

Default More may be yet to come!

Unuaually for me, I have been up to Manchester by train a couple of times in recent weeks. The line seems to run alongside canals in many places and there's hundreds if not thousands of 'em - narrowboats, that is !!! Felt a bit like I was venturing thru alien territory [img]/forums/images/graemlins/grin.gif[/img]

Gawd 'elp us if they all decide to come and visit us on the river [img]/forums/images/graemlins/shocked.gif[/img]
    Thames MotorBoater? Care about the river? Join the www.tmba.org.uk/about-tmba

Default Re: More may be yet to come!

Aliens - soon we will be unwelcome on our own waters a bit like its shortly going to be for the British in their homelands.

bulto is offline Registered User

Dont let Eileen McKeever know. She will want them all sent flyers about the Thames

boatone is offline Registered User

Aha, a brand new forumite and daring to raise your head above the parapet with your very first post!

Welcome indeed, are you boating on the Thames? Tell us a little more if you care to.
    Thames MotorBoater? Care about the river? Join the www.tmba.org.uk/about-tmba

The more the merrier for me, they may impede the flow of inconsiderate motorboaters
    that have no concept, or no concern for their wash. The narrow boats have no chance of creating a wash or punching the tide so they dont stay here.

Quote:-

“The narrow boats have no chance of creating a wash or punching the tide”

Errr, not quite, we were struggling to get “Freedom” (Oh so slowly) under Windsor bridge, with only an inch or two clearance over the hood frame, when a sawn-off narrowboat came charging past us, doing his best to bob us around.

I was less than pleased with this display of boating skills!
    Cheers,
    Colin & Urszula Barrett