Page 1 of 4 1234 LastLast

Default Give me a faking it guide to viewing MOBOs...............aaaahhhh

We are THIS close to changing to a MOBO ( 3 Hail Marys, I will go to church on Sunday and also whip myself until I bleed).

Brief:

One baby, one 2.5 year old, 2 adults, wanting to explore more with a shallower draft than 1.6m, getting cross channel to CIs and Brittany for holidays and doing it in under 12 hours, like a bit of comfort, speed could be good, but would be nice to feel safe in a F6-7, mortgage could stretch to 100k.

We were shown round a Sealine S34 today ( first ever MOBO)-looks very shiny.

Can you all give me some idea about this " other religion"

Thanks
    It's easy to forget how great it is out on the water.

Default Re: Give me a faking it guide to viewing MOBOs...............aaaahhhh

Get yourselves a Fairline Turbo 36

I wouldn't want to to be out in one in a 6 or 7, i'd go older and bigger if you want to be out in bad weather

Much as I like Sealines, I'd have to agree and say that the S34 is not a boat I'd want to be on in a cross-channel F6-7.

The Sealine F37 is a good sea boat, but is way outside your 100k budget, so I guess you're looking at something with similar displacement (8000kg), but older. An S37 ?

dv.

Have you ever been in one??

A Sealine, or the S34 in particular ?

hlb is offline Registered User

Look at the threads before. You cannot go wrong with anything with an Olesinki hull. Princess or Fairline. You dont really want to be out in any fast boat in an F6/7 Maybe ok if behind you and also the wave lengths are far more important than the force. You can happily do 20 knots or more on a very big sea. Not if bashing into short stuff though.

Thing is, mostly you dont need to, because it's quick enough to pick the windows.

You need to remember that 80's/early 90's M boats were measured by hull length, so swim platform was not included. Later boats had swim platform integral to hull and enourmous.

So my P35 is about the same size and more living space than a more modern 40/45ft boat.

An S34 looks very dinky besides it.

An S28 looks even more dinky beside it [img]/forums/images/graemlins/frown.gif[/img]

Nautorius is offline Registered User

Two things to consider coming from being a raggy.

First is it a practical and usable layout (including galley) Not all 'gin palaces' have these.

Secondly is sea keeping and that feeling of security.

I would look scandanavian as it is a great stepping stone. Consider Aquador 32c, Nimbus 320, Nidelv33 HT. All are amazing boats and will reach at least 24knots.

If you are feeling daring then the layout and practicality of Sealines, Fairlines and princesses are good (often have proper galleys). The S34/Targa 34 is a great option. Another option which scores highly on the handling is the Zaffiro 34 but a **** galley area..

If you want a place up top the Prestige 32 is a great value buy and seems a good layout.

It is hard to stomach twin outdrive running costs coming from being a raggy. The scandanavians are all single and will minimise the pain of that.

Enjoy, you can always get a Laser to tow behind!

Paul [img]/forums/images/graemlins/laugh.gif[/img]
    Boating is the only thing that keeps me sane!

I'm not sure if you can get a Fairline Targa 34 for the money, but it would be on my list. As would the Cranchi Zaffiro 34, and the Sealine S37. But probably not the S34.

dv.