Page 1 of 4 1234 LastLast

Thread: biodiesel

Default biodiesel

On a more serious note than my previous posting,biodiesel would seem to be a good way forward after giving us a reasonable time to adjust,this could be used by all & at lower duty than conventional diesel,if the powers that be can be believed about thier environmental aspirations! [img]/forums/images/graemlins/smile.gif[/img]

Default Re: biodiesel

yep, Biodiesel duty is 26.7 pence per litre.

plus VAT?

Perhaps a special rate for fishermen and stop any foreign fishermen from coming anywhere near the uk unless they use green fuels,and apply some common sense to the silly idea of two different types of diesel at ports & marinas,for the amount of duty it would raise.How could the eu contest such a green policy?
    Could we not apply same theory to imports,if the supplier doesn't meet minimum green targets charge a carbon tax!

[ QUOTE ]
    plus VAT?

[/ QUOTE ]

Dunno, good question though and I will look into it.

[ QUOTE ]
    plus VAT?

[/ QUOTE ]

If you sell it and are VAT registered then you would charge VAT on the price (including duty), if just brewing your own or selling it on and you are not VAT registered the no VAT is charged. but whatever happens the duty must be paid "at source"
    East Coast Marine Heating & Electronics, Webasto, Wallas & Mikuni dealer

Hi all,

I am putting this post on behalf of our Biodiesel company. Our biodiesel can be used at a lower rate of duty, rather than conventionial mineral diesel. At the moment duty rate for Mineral diesel is 48.35ppl, and Bio only 28.35ppl, but the extra margin being made up in extra cost of production.

Our company can still provide our Bio at a cheaper price than that of white diesel.

The company has a high output of Biodiesel from a range of feedstocks producing a high quality finished product, and would be looking to deal in high volumes. Any queries please email me at james.stairmand@vfuels.co.uk

James

I looked into biofuel and decided it was a non starter for two reasons.

1 the additives used seperate quickly giving the fuel a very short shelf life.

2 when used it will block the filters eventualy stopping the engine.

This info came from "Cambridge biofuels" who charge 100p per litre and you have to claim your own vat back!

Best to write to your MP's and try to keep the increase lower and staged in.

[ QUOTE ]
    Hi all,

I am putting this post on behalf of our Biodiesel company. Our biodiesel can be used at a lower rate of duty, rather than conventionial mineral diesel. At the moment duty rate for Mineral diesel is 48.35ppl, and Bio only 28.35ppl, but the extra margin being made up in extra cost of production.

Our company can still provide our Bio at a cheaper price than that of white diesel.

The company has a high output of Biodiesel from a range of feedstocks producing a high quality finished product, and would be looking to deal in high volumes. Any queries please email me at james.stairmand@vfuels.co.uk

James

[/ QUOTE ]

Cut through.

How much per litre for, say
    100l
    250l
    500l
    750l
    1000l
    delivered into the boat's tankage?
    Two beers please, my friend is paying.

In answer to your question, we are a large producer looking to sell tanker loads of 30,000 litres, but we will be looking to set up a smaller distribution networks nationwide. Any ideas on this front?

We always aim to keep our prices below that of the mineral diesel, and the difference is usually 1ppl-2ppl. In regards to the previous comment, it should be made aware it is not the biodiesel that clogs up the filters, but the biodiesel strips out any previous rubbish that has been put in. This is easy enough to overcome by changing your filter with no problems at all!

Any questions or queries please email me on james.stairmand@vfuels.co.uk

Regards

James

Page 1 of 4 1234 LastLast