Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Default Re: Good, Bad or Ugly??

Quite like the 750 as well. Pity there are no better interior pictures.

tcm is offline Registered User

No1_Moose is offline Registered User

identity crisis?
    No1_Moose

Alistairr is offline Registered User

Wow, That is bloody ugly!!!
    But whatever floats yer boat!!!

Al.

Be jezus!! Thanks for ALL the comments..made me chuckle...Tartan interior, now there's an idea!! [img]/forums/images/graemlins/grin.gif[/img]

Al, the diesel comes in at 30k + trailer + delivery (suppose if you get a trailer you don't need delivery)

FYM @ Grangemouth are our local dealers..they dont have any in stock at the moment. Apparently the only one in the country was at LIBS.

For our not so sunny clime it fits the bill, AND at that size I can keep it on its trailer in the dry berths @ Largs for 900 a year!!!!.

Only problem is LOW trade in for my 2.5yr old Bayliner...stand to lose 11k...too much me thinks!!

Think I'll nose around for a second hand one in about a years time. I'd rather keep me current boat rather than give it away!!

Thanks one and all for your suggestions / comments

Clyde

Alistairr is offline Registered User

Interesting, thanks.

Was also my thoughts, would be perfect for the dry berthing at Largs.

Diesel, i'm presuming you mean its the Merc 1.7 DTI? 5k more than the petrol, is it worth it? Probably!

Do FYM have any brochures on it yet?
    And do they have any inbound?

Cheers

Al.

Watch the delivery cost, usualy that means delivered to the dealer not your mooring, so trailer doesn't make any difference.

whisper is offline Registered User

Personally think that this is rather odd looking and your 30k will rapidly drop from year 1 as Quicksilver haven't got a particularly good name as yet.
    Have you considered the Scandinavian brands such as Bella, Flipper, Finnmaster, Aquador, Uttern et al? They all produce practical models, ideally suited to the UK climate and with good reputations on build quality. 2-3 yr old examples should still be in good fettle.

Al,

Yes it is the 1.7dti (120hp). I've got this set up on my current boat and I'm well chuffed with it. Suits my needs perfectly with regards economy / fuel availability on the Clyde/ and it's pretty quick considering what it is.

If you 'phone FYM speak to Alan Mitchell and he'll send a brochure through. He doesn't know if or when he'll get a demo in as yet...worth waiting for I think [img]/forums/images/graemlins/smile.gif[/img].

It's all pie in the sky just know anyway... I've just blown my tank on "property"...need to batten the hatches down for a wee while [img]/forums/images/graemlins/confused.gif[/img]