Page 4 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast

Thread: End of Red

Default Re: End of Red

Stupid cat decided to have a go at the wardrobe (she is convinced that something lives in it!) so brought her downstairs before she wakes whole house up, again [img]/forums/images/graemlins/laugh.gif[/img]

[ QUOTE ]
    I may well consider carrying on my biodiesel protest as in my opinion to put duty up on that is obscene.

[/ QUOTE ]And you've been using biodiesel for your boat?
    Ω

No, but I have tested it extensively in commercial vehicles, & it has worked fine. So why not use it in boats, with much lower emissions than derv & much less harmful to the marine environment!
    The current price for biodiesel used off road is 55p per litre & the EU have no plans to set a minimum duty rate on biofuels. Our own government however, have other ideas [img]/forums/images/graemlins/smirk.gif[/img]

Leaving aside my previously expressed doubts about biodiesel's "green" credentials, I wonder whether anyone's actually run it in marine engines.
    Ω

Firstly if you do some research on the net you will find that bio diesel is certainly considered greener than the fuel most of us use today.
    Secondly, if you get a copy of motor boat & yachting march 2007 & go to page 12, you will find that Horizon motor yachts are testing this fuel around the UK. They have the full backing of caterpillar who are honouring any warranty issues.

[ QUOTE ]
    Firstly if you do some research on the net you will find that bio diesel is certainly considered greener than the fuel most of us use today.

[/ QUOTE ]That was a bit uncalled for considering I made it clear that I did not intend to reopen the debate that I've had earlier on this issue. The fact of the matter is that it's not universally regarded as being as "green" as its proponents make out - opinions differ.

I was merely trying to find out if anyone here actually runs it in their marine engines.
    Ω

Quote:
    That was a bit uncalled for considering I made it clear that I did not intend to reopen the debate that I've had earlier on this issue. The fact of the matter is that it's not universally regarded as being as "green" as its proponents make out - opinions differ.

I was not trying to be clever, just stating facts.
    Why is everyone so touchy at the moment, lighten up, life is to short!

OK, I'll try again. If it's so good, why don't people use it in their marine engines? Why haven't you used it for example?
    Ω

Because I fill up at the fuel barge, & they don't stock it. They will never stock it if HMG get their way.
    I have better things to do with my time than to carry 870 litres of fuel to a boat [img]/forums/images/graemlins/smirk.gif[/img]

[ QUOTE ]

I have better things to do with my time than to carry 870 litres of fuel to a boat

[/ QUOTE ] [img]/forums/images/graemlins/smile.gif[/img] I understand - I wasn't trying to be cheeky, well, not too much anyway, but I think I'd rather wait until you guys have run your boats on it for a couple years. [img]/forums/images/graemlins/cool.gif[/img]
    Ω

Page 4 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast