Miles is offline Registered User

Default Transferring Waypoints from Raymarine to MaxSea

A bit techy I'm afraid. I am wanting to transfer the waypoints from my Raymarine C Series chartplotter to a pc running MaxSea navigator. Does anyone know what file format a RaymarineC Series chartplotter uses when you transfer waypoints from it to a Compact Flash card in the card slot ? The boat is 250 miles away and I can't get there to try it (I know it may be possible to do it via an NMEA connection but I'm not trying do it this way).
    Many thanks.

Miles is offline Registered User

Default Re: Transferring Waypoints from Raymarine to MaxSea

One step forward. Raymarine have a free utility to convert a wapoint archive from the chartplotter to an Excel CSV file. Then it's 'just' a question of converting CSV to GPX (GPS Exchange Format) at which point it should work.

Default Re: Transferring Waypoints from Raymarine to MaxSea

Uhh... one step backward.
    This Raymarine utility is apparently a bit dependant of the PC implemented MS Office routines (seems to call excel dlls). So it failed (I'm the unlucky one) to translate the Raymarine files coming from my C70 to the expected excel files... Then I got RayTech Planner 6.0 (the free version of RayTech Navigational Software, on Raymarine website), and it worked !
    Well, there is a price for the many features coming along with it (it can handle raster maps too): the installer is 120 Mo heavy...