Page 3 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast

Default Re: Note on Tracking

As Sting said [ QUOTE ]
    this unit comes out of an ex-Col Gadaffi tank and was meant to go into a Trans-African delivery truck. Fortunately, GlobalTrack is run by an ex-army mate of mine and so he sent the unit my way on condition that I use it on Stingo so that they can use me as a test thingie while they get the maritime sector going. They're still working in the maritime interface, hence you can see all the roads, but hey ho, mid-pond both of our fans will still be able to see the important stuff. And if it stops reporting, the fans can assume that we've lost our electrics. [/quote}
    Another person's thoughts about you are outside of your jurisdiction.

As Stingo said [ QUOTE ]
    this unit comes out of an ex-Col Gadaffi tank and was meant to go into a Trans-African delivery truck. Fortunately, GlobalTrack is run by an ex-army mate of mine and so he sent the unit my way on condition that I use it on Stingo so that they can use me as a test thingie while they get the maritime sector going. They're still working in the maritime interface, hence you can see all the roads, but hey ho, mid-pond both of our fans will still be able to see the important stuff. And if it stops reporting, the fans can assume that we've lost our electrics. [/quote}

'ang on a mo, I'll just take some bearings

Underwear not twisted, simply that the password had gone titzup.

Glad that normal service has been resumed.
    Next time, it'll all be different.

I think we were the ones who got our knickers in a twist, nothing to do with you forumites so carry on its fun to read- can't get near this computer when LJS is home and horsey forums aren't quite the same. swmbo

Hee hee. It's looking great so far isn't it?

It amazes me that we can sit here at home following the progress of a boat mid Atlantic with emails, tracking and all that stuff when it would have been regarded as science fiction nonsense just a few years back

Default Re: Its all a jolly jape!

Ummm................I'm not at all sure that this is not a sophisticated wheeze by TCM and his little friends.

BigWow has a big catamaran,he keeps it in the North of England and when I zoom in on google earth it's there clear as day.

If I do the same on Mojomo...........................nothing,not a sign not even a hint of a vessel.

Could it be that they are in fact sitting in some low-life bar in Whitby laughing up their sleeves at the gullible viewers on the forum?

It was all looking pretty credible until the report that a fish was caught.
    Formerly known as colmce.
    http://www.seafieldfarmcottages.co.uk

Yes

Was making a similar point on the live aboard forum.

The world somehow seems to have shrunk. Not sure how good a thing it is but inevitable I guess.

If I stop to think I still marvel at cellphones.

When I started in the comms game you'd have been laughed out of court if you'd described this system we're all looking at.

Well I've got this titchy little map of the world. Wth a whole pile of numbers crossing the whole of the Americas, pointing to some dot, which because of the scale, seems to stay in just about the same place. The zoom dont work, neather do any other buttons and google earth aint playing. Mind, no broad here, were only country yokles.

Sorry you're having problems . Is this any good?

I don't know who is sailing the hand.

"no broad here"

Good Lord - I should hope not.

The very idea!

Page 3 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast