Default Standard horizon CP1000c condensation problem

[img]/forums/images/graemlins/mad.gif[/img] I m the equipment officer of a small dive club in Dublin Ireland. we bought a Standard Horizon CP1000C.the unit has been a problem very soon after being installed. a lot of condensation appears behind the screen and stays there. viewing the display becomes difficult to impossible. the unit was sent back to the dealer who sent it back to Standard horizon. re-launched the boat last week-end after refitting the unit SAME PROBLEM.!!!! At 1,600.00 for the unit we expected better!!
    contacted dealer who tells me this is common on large displays. we had a lowrance unit on the previous boat never had a problem with it.
    can anyone tell me it similar problems have occurred on a Standard Horizon CP1000C to others or is it that our unit is faulty and should be replaced?
    in advance thank you

Default Re: Standard horizon CP1000c condensation problem

I am afraid that you should have asked for a replacement straight away! now that you have had a "repair" done on it I believe that you now do not have the right to have a replacement! you do of course still have the right to have the thing working correctly to your satisfaction. so keep on bugging them!

Barry

[ QUOTE ]
    contacted dealer who tells me this is common on large displays. we had a lowrance unit on the previous boat never had a problem with it.

[/ QUOTE ]

The dealer is full of **** and merely trying to get you off his back. If condensation was an issue with larger screens, there would be loads of posts like yours, with answers saying it is normal. In addition, why did he bother sending it back to SH for repair if it was a normal issue.

Who did you buy it from?

Hopefully, Jon, our resident Standard Horizon member will be along to help with a solution.

I'm sure that SH dont want their large screen tarred with a brush.
    Narrowboating From Stretford!!

Frontier is offline Registered User

I have the same problem, my CP-1000 is back with them at the moment. [img]/forums/images/graemlins/frown.gif[/img]

So far Standard Horizon have been very helpful, but the unit is off with their third party people to be invetigated.

It has a 3 year warranty so if it happens again I will send it back again, if it happens again after that then I think it would not be for for it purpose.

So far I have to say its been fantastic, (except for the condensation of course) Its really easy to use, the screen is nice and big and it updates very fast. The whole channel from way out west right up to Hamburg as shown in chart 6

The condensation did not actually stop me using it and it cleared after a while, but moisture inside would do damage to the electronics after a while.

Good luck with yours.

D

i bought the unit of marine electronis services in bristol. i made the trip from dublin to the london boat show to get the best advise possible and be sure that the unit proposed would do what we needed. we had deceided on a Garnin 2110C but due to delay of production from Garmin David Williams recomended the Cp1000C from SH as a better alternative.
    the phone conversations are OK but my unit is still faulty.
    we wouldn't buy from a remote dealer again and the whole experience leaves me red faced with the club members and extremly disapointed.
    thanks for your reply.
    stephane.

Stephane,

This is not normal but does happen.
    It happens to many other makes as well not just ours.

Contact Ailsa in our office on Monday and she will sort this for you.
    She is our plotter expert.

I heard a true story where another make had the same issue the company advised the user to place the unit in his airing cuboard.
    He rang back the next day and stated he even more of a problem as he now had his 6.5m Ribcraft wegded in his front door and could not get it upthe stairs!!

All joking apart we will resolve this for you as soon as is possible.

Best regards
    Jon Brooks, VSMM.
    PBI.
    SRC Assessor.
    PWC Instructor
    Dealer Sales Manager
    Yaesu UK Ltd
    Standard Horizon UK Ltd

01962 866667
    07766 827368

http://www.horizonseasafaris.co.uk

thank you for your reply. i will contact her today. the unit is currently with your ingeneer's.
    hopefully we will get a satisfactory outcome with the whole experience.