Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
    tcm is online now Registered User

Default Another crew change - hurrah for Paddywhackcocker

Stingo's new boat is due soon and he wants to be there for final fix. Dammit. He would have happily pitched up if we couldn't find a new crew - but no sooner has he stepped aside than another stalwart forumite has volunteered to fill the post originally er vacated by Tome.

So, welcome aboard to Paddywackcocker (aka Pat) who is sometime poster hereabouts, and othrwise a ahem expert diesel mechanic. Oh yes.

Pat did a ARC transat westward a year or so ago with Zefender. At the time i must say i thort it was a bit cheaty of zefender having a diesel expert on board, but of course now I think it is a superb idea and excellent crew selection.

Pat is also v boaty in the solent too, and is from Essex. But of course, we won't have any Essex jokes. Well, not until he turns up in his Range Rover with its pearlescent paint and ultra low profile wheels anyway...

Default Re: Another crew change - hurrah for Paddywhackcocker

Welcome Pat.
    So it's PWC, ace diesel mechanic, Parahandy a demon with the fishing rod and er me.
    Sorry to hear 'bout Stingo. Does this mean we're not globaltracked and don't have to panic about the worry button?

Yep, the boat will stay securely on that housing estate on the outskirts of Durban throughout the trip. There can't be many transat trips this safe.

stingo is offline Registered User

Congratulations PWC. Don't know how TCM is now going to allocate cabins, but I had a good allocation and I'd suggest you insist on inheriting it.

Yeah right. tcm told me you were sleeping in the engine compartment.

stingo is offline Registered User

Correct. One of the two warm and dry places on the boat. But you will smell like diesel

cat tho innit, so both the stern cabins are on top of an engine, and the ensuite one has the generator too. That shelf berth or the sofa looks good to me...

Jeannius is online now Registered User

The sofa is THE best place to sleep on a Privilege under way. Right under the mast, dead centre of the boat. I speak from around 25 peaceful nights experience.

Have a great trip all, I envy you.

Default all change

aha, advice from an expert with same sort of boat! Excellent. Our "shelf" berth is also midway between fore and aft cabins. For the caribbean bits I think i'll sleep in the fridge.

Did the cricket cruise go well enough, er apart from the cricket?

Jeannius is online now Registered User

Default Re: all change

Yes it was a great trip thanks Matt. Even though the wind was from the south east when we were heading south and, of course, north east when we headed north. Didn't get the gennaker out once in 3 weeks.

On the subject of berths... It can get pretty lively in the fore cabins when in a bit of a sea. People tend to spend time in mid air. The stern cabins are much more comfortable. The only problem in the stern cabins is if, like me, you have fixed props and Volvos. Volvo advice is to let the props rotate and when you get up to 10 knots and more it sounds like a 747 about to take off!

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast