Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Default SWMBO Fell in - Loads of Pics

No I am not that cruel, sorry no pics.

Yes after less than 2 months boating SWMBO went into the drink yesterday when coming back into berth at marina and it was all my fault.
    I was reversing into berth, SWMBO had leapt onto and reached Pontoon and all was going dandy. She walks boat back and was about to tie up.

Whilst all this was going on I noticed the nose drifting out starboard so came up with the great idea of turn to port and a quick nudge forward to bring nose back in which I duly did.

Nose starts to come back when I hear STEEEEEEEEVE, Oh my god, Oh my god, Oh NO, Splash.

Thankfully the audiance was quite small, SWMBO remained calm and me and a boy from a neighbouring boat hauled her out.

SWMBO was impressed by the fact that I apparantly abandoned/ sacrificed my pride and joy to come to her aid. Fortunately she hadnt noticed that I had tied upto to a cleat whilst she was swimming to the side.

Any formites down at penarth please do not mention that I have posted this. I think I have got off very lightly and realise this is pushing my luck but felt that after all help I have received off this forum I should be giving something back.

Anyway we went back out again today with our weimaraner for the first time and everything went great.

And they say footballs a funny old game.

Anyway my question is: Is this perfectly normal for first time boaters? [img]/forums/images/graemlins/grin.gif[/img]

Steve

hlb is offline Registered User

Default Re: SWMBO Fell in - Loads of Pics

Oh it's very normal, my exswmbo missed the boat several times. [img]/forums/images/graemlins/laugh.gif[/img]

a season is not a season unless one of you fall in!!

I managed to do it 3 times one year, sober every time!
    Look here for marine electronics and safety gear at the best prices

http://www.marvinmarine.co.uk

Yep - its pretty much par for the course and all in a days boating. Unfortunately there are some SWMBO's who will say "right thats it - never again.....".

These ones do tend to become ex-SWMBO's pretty quickly though.......

I just take mine through a washing machine to get her wet [img]/forums/images/graemlins/laugh.gif[/img] see above post

a lesson to us all I think

My dog went in today, much to the distress of 8yr old who's scream for 'dad!!' and then 'help!!' could be heard over most of Port Solent I'm told. Luckily oldest grabbed dogs harness and oiked her out. Heres a thought, may be SWMBO should wear dogs harness, just in case. Dog and daughter fine.

No 1 son nearly went in today. Went out on cruise & back, berthed & tied up fine. Then cleared rubbish of boat and set off along pontoon for home. A empty crisp packet escaped from bin bag & landed in river, & sam tried to rescue it [img]/forums/images/graemlins/confused.gif[/img]. After a quick shout of SAM,NO he came to his senses. We then practised MOB skills by going further along pontoon and waiting for crisp packet to drift to us. A successful rescue resulted. [img]/forums/images/graemlins/grin.gif[/img]

Lucky man!

I think if I had helped give SWMBO a dunking I would not now be physically able to post on the forum [img]/forums/images/graemlins/smile.gif[/img]

Hope she is OK and not put off, guess that is one of the things you only do once.

[img]/forums/images/graemlins/grin.gif[/img] [img]/forums/images/graemlins/grin.gif[/img] [img]/forums/images/graemlins/grin.gif[/img]

Have you ventured over to Bristol yet? Great for a weekend away.
    See the rainbow not the rain

SnaxMuppet is offline Registered User
    Location : Saltash, Cornwall, UK, Europe, Earth, Milky Way, Universe (don't ask which one because I don't kno

Well, I nearly went overboard last week when cleaning the decks. Big Deal I hear you all say BUT it becomes more of a deal when I say that the boat is currently on the hard awaiting antifouling! [img]/forums/images/graemlins/blush.gif[/img]

It isn't my small motor boat either... it was a 32ft yacht with a fin keel so it would have been a BIG fall. [img]/forums/images/graemlins/shocked.gif[/img]

Scared me nearly to death it did!!! I am tempted to clip on my harness when moving topside when on the hard now. [img]/forums/images/graemlins/grin.gif[/img]