Thread: Disappointment

Default Disappointment

I've just had a look on GoogleMojomo and they are less that 400NM from Horta. A feeling of "Oh shyte, not long to go" came over me in a sort of "I'd prefer to be out there" way.

How do you lot feel when nearing the end of a long passage?

Default Re: Disappointment

The last few days I become very impatient - but always the feeling that it is the voyage - better to travel than arrive :-)

What I meant to say that I feel I want to carry, to end the voyage would be wrong and something I don't want to do.

'ang on a mo, I'll just take some bearings

Never done it myself, but I met the crew of Heaths Condor after one of the early Whitbread Round the Worlds, after they were back in the UK. The general feeling was that they couldn't wait to get back out there again, and if there was a race which was twice around the world, they'd have been up for it.
    Next time, it'll all be different.

It's awful. Just when you've settled into a routine it comes to an abrupt end

Always suffered from sea-legs as well on a longer voyage though quite enjoy this experience

Usually a bit rubbish. Trying to stand up straight on dry land without falling over is fun though after being at sea.

Claire