Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Default Re: Rush of blood to the head?

The 6354 is basically a combine harvester engine - and a good one at that.

Go to your nearest Massey Ferguson (nowaday Agco) Agricultural Dealer and they will be able to get most things for you.

From memory the Oil Filters part number on the Massey system is PE 26571117, should cost about 60p.

Well done! I see you took my advice [img]/forums/images/graemlins/shocked.gif[/img] I only know of 2 32`s with the ht6354`s in this country. Is or was she called "Aurina" or "Spindrift of Mylor". My pal owned the first one and I nearly bought Spindrift in 1993.

duncan is offline Registered User

seems very sensible...............hope all goes well!

Andrew_Fanner is offline Registered User

[ QUOTE ]
    Well done! I see you took my advice [img]/forums/images/graemlins/shocked.gif[/img] I only know of 2 32`s with the ht6354`s in this country. Is or was she called "Aurina" or "Spindrift of Mylor". My pal owned the first one and I nearly bought Spindrift in 1993.

[/ QUOTE ]

"Spindrift of Mylor" begat "Hot Todi" begat "Koumera I". What put you off? SSR records "Hot Todi", MARS comes up blank on all names unless I'm not using it right. At some stage some so and so, who apparently didn't like polishing, painted the hull, including one of the earlier names so a winter task may involve a lot of Dilunette/RemoveAll or what have you.

Amusingly the previous brokerage details when previous owner bought her, as "Hot Todi" are findable on the web, which nonplussed the broker when he was asked "where are the dinghy and liferaft purchased with the boat and listed at that time as equipment?":-)

I'll keep folks posted on our attempt to do big boat on small budget. Anyone passing, make yourself known and the kettle, or something stronger if I've not drunk it, is always an option.
    Two beers please, my friend is paying.

I wasnt put off--just couldnt raise the required amount of steam from the bank at the time [img]/forums/images/graemlins/blush.gif[/img] She had just had both lumps rebuilt too! She wasnt painted at the time and the gel was in good nick although needed a polish. If you find the chump who painted her chin him for me too will ya.

I like the rebuild info, suggests that I have not bought two bits of 37 year old rusty scrap1 Just taken delivery of a suitable workshop manual, lovely half tone illustrations even if it is apparently aimed mostly at tractor mechanics:-) I ribbed my wife last night that we should strip off the white paint this winter and repaint in orange a la "All Gold" and got a very frosty reception.

I will also "chin" the plank who decommssioned the radar by clipping off the wires at the base of the dome and then left the dome in situ. I suspect said dome will be up for dibs if anyone gets interested, unless repair is easy, cheap and worthwhile, I suspect none of the above would be true. More next week on that.

Getting quite excited now, if vvv nervous.

mm the excitement of the new boat, before the realism sets in [img]/forums/images/graemlins/smile.gif[/img] Seriously though, I'm sure you'll be on top of those new lumps and any foibles they may have before you know it [img]/forums/images/graemlins/wink.gif[/img]

Looking forward to the first trip report and more photos!

Rick

Lakesailor is online now Registered User

Seems the Agricultural market is the place to look http://www.remac.org/Used%20machinery.htm

Anyway, it looks quite nice in yellow

Feck.

The weather has gone all runny, or will do next week. Its looking very lowloader:-( I don't want to take an unfamiliar boat with unknown fuel and uncertain engines through what might end up at >F6. Especially when it might end up single handed.

I guess this afternoon's job is finding the cheapest flatbed from Norfolk to Surrey.

Its all over the place!
    Now showing 6-7 mph winds at Sheerness for Sunday/Monday. That's from 20+mph that was showing a couple of hours ago.