Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast
    Whitelighter is offline Registered User

Default Re: Bavaria 27 Sport or not ?

[ QUOTE ]

but don't worry after the Italians I usually like the Norwayegian Scandinvian builders like Windy etc

[/ QUOTE ]

Well in that case all is forgiven [img]/forums/images/graemlins/grin.gif[/img]
    I also appologise for what I am sure was pretty poor Italian!
    Half a dinari for an old ex-boater

[ QUOTE ]
    [ QUOTE ]

but don't worry after the Italians I usually like the Norwayegian Scandinvian builders like Windy etc

[/ QUOTE ]

Well in that case all is forgiven [img]/forums/images/graemlins/grin.gif[/img]
    I also appologise for what I am sure was pretty poor Italian!

[/ QUOTE ]

you should send a super deal to the guy for a Westline 340 so he forgets about the Bavaria [img]/forums/images/graemlins/smirk.gif[/img] don't forget to put my % in it [img]/forums/images/graemlins/laugh.gif[/img] [img]/forums/images/graemlins/tongue.gif[/img]

Whitelighter is offline Registered User

[img]/forums/images/graemlins/laugh.gif[/img]
    Half a dinari for an old ex-boater

Yes, will probably look for late used, or poss ex demonstator, our shortlist will determine which manufacturers to focus our attention on without being sidetracked by show offers etc.

Flicking back through the mag reports & comparisons we do like the idea of a Fairline T29, but searching has found 1996-1998 examples which are on par age wise with our current sealine.

Main aim is for reliability &/or warranty so newer the better.

Essex BY have a Monteray 270 Diesel, looks interesting so will be looking at their range in more detail, any thoughts there?

Good info so far, thanks
    Living the Champagne lifestyle on Beer Money

[ QUOTE ]
    Essex BY have a Monteray 270 Diesel, looks interesting so will be looking at their range in more detail, any thoughts there?
    Good info so far, thanks

[/ QUOTE ]

Monterey vs Bavaria = would go for the Bavaria at least its got a deeper V hull and it's made for real weather
    construction standards are the same if not in favour for the German boat

look for other used boats in the UK like all Scandinvian builders and Italian builders as Fairline and British builds usually keep there price quite high in UK to my understanding
    From my experience I also think that when a boat is over 1 or 2 year old it's all about the general maintenance the boat has been trough so I think one should consider more what he is seeing and then if interested submit a full survey for an older boat

still Mr. Jez Banks told me he is preparing a super deal for your Westline 340 which will be irresistible.... [img]/forums/images/graemlins/grin.gif[/img]

I just can't believe I got in before DVinnel to say that I would go for the S28, for the money you are talking about you could get a good example with all the toys and as I see you already have a S24 so to me it would be a natural step up.

Of course I stand to be corrected - and probably will

I have a Bavaria sport 300 thje accomadation is excellent, We have had her 3 years with no truoble at all, the 300 benfits from plent of cockpit space but coverts to a massive sun pad (for the odd day!)
    The thing for us is the comfort and size of berths and bathroom, both more than adequate.

wakeup is offline Registered User

Not in the same league space wise as the 29 & 30 but the Jeanneau Leader 805 is certainly roomier than the 27 and has cockpit seating for 8 comfortably and you could get a new one fully kitted for 80k!

At that size, I think good options are:

Chaparral 270 Signature Cruiser (used to be called 276)... click on the link as the older 280 is pictured on the pop-up
    http://www.chaparralboats.com/containers/chaparral.html

Doral Monticello
    http://www.doralcorporations.com/bra...p;action=specs

At first glance they might seem a little small, but they are very practical and well made for their price. They are my 25 - 28' favourites anyway.
    "Without change, something sleeps inside us, and rarely awakens"

wakeup is offline Registered User

Hmmm I am sure they are great boats, if you can stand to look at them, very americany and a lot of design tension going on, the designer was clearly off sick when the 'design proportions' module was being run at the local tech [img]/forums/images/graemlins/smile.gif[/img]

Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast