Default Boat show fallout

With Seaward 23 sold, looking for replacement semi-d larger craft with bigger wheelhouse. Larger Seaward immensly desirable but well beyond budget. Seen Nimbus 280C, Beneteau, Jeanneau 805, Rodman, Aquador and Starfisher 840. SHMBO offered almost irresistable reward if I went for the very classy Aquador 26 HT.
    NB 280C very nice but pricey, Jeanneau OK, Beneteau (creaky/flimsy), Aquador planing & a bit impractical (but oh my god, what a beautiful, sleek lovely boat that is - sigh . . .). Surprise was the first boat I saw as I walked into the show, the Starfisher 840. A few mods to the displayed boat (bollards, cleats for springs, bigger rubbing strake getting rid of the 'orrible plastic screwed in thing, would result in a nice boat. Also available with single & twin diesels, and in a hardtop (my preferred option). Nimbus nice, but narrow beam & 150/170hp a bit weedy. Any comment from those who need angling practicality with family cruising capability?

hlb is online now Registered User

Default Re: Boat show fallout

<font color=blue> Oh! Just get one of these.[img]/forums/images/icons/smile.gif[/img]

<font color=red> No one can force me to come here-----------
    ----- I'm a Volunteer! [img]/forums/images/icons/smile.gif[/img]

Haydn

How many times must I complain about that non matching fender.

Just hold tight dear it will not be so rough when we get round the corner,trust me.

Its not the fender that worries me, its the grey-black smog stuff in the background. So Mucky Farter isn't far off the mark then as names go [img]/forums/images/icons/wink.gif[/img]

OK, to hell with it. Unbolt it and we'll use it as an anchor!

hlb is online now Registered User

Well to be fair. It was winter time and the engines were cold. Also full astern for breaks. The red fender has already been answered in my defence. It's so Tutts knows which to put at the front. Anyway Mucky Farter has now been Soltronised. So needs a new name!! Pleasant Farter seems to trip off the lips!!

<font color=red> No one can force me to come here-----------
    ----- I'm a Volunteer! [img]/forums/images/icons/smile.gif[/img]

Haydn

All right, if not Mucky Farter. How about Pot Pourri Puffer. The sweet smell of solly from your stern! [img]/forums/images/icons/laugh.gif[/img]

OK, to hell with it. Unbolt it and we'll use it as an anchor!

Good to see you liked the Aquador 26HT.Bought mine may last year and have not had a moments regret ...... absolutely fantastic.Let me know if you have any questions
    Robin